The Senior Accountant is responsible for the accounting processes and deliverables for Studio/Media/ DPEP line of business in compliance with accounting standards and company policies. The Senior Accountant will liaise on a day to day basis with local and regional Finance, local business operations as well as the controllership teams in the US. The role is expected to have strong accounting technical knowledge and prior general ledger accounting experience. Scrutiny of subjective reserves and review of complex accounting is a core part of the job. The role is responsible to maintain the internal controls which impact financial compliance.
- Prepare and record all general ledger entries in accordance with accounting standards and company policies.
- Preparation of financial reports such as BS fluctuation analysis
- Perform monthly and quarterly closing and follow up on the long-time outstanding item.
- AR accounting and calculate bad debt
- Analysing complex financial reports and records
- Work closely with finance and business teams to ensure all the transactions have been captured properly.
- Work closely with statutory & tax accounting team to ensure tax related compliance.
- Work with US controllership team for quarterly deliverables and variance analysis.
- Understand company-wide accounting policies and apply relevant policies appropriately.
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided.
- Any other internal reports required by different stakeholders.
- Assist with internal and external audit.
- Might coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Supporting management and wider finance team on any ad-hoc duties or projects.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or related major
- CPA or equivalent is preferred
- Solid Knowledge of both USGAAP and IFRS
- Fluency in Cantonese and English
- 3+ years of finance or accounting experience with at least 1 year in GL accounting
- Experience in working with both Big 4 audit firms and multinational company is preferred
- Solid Microsoft suite skills, especially Excel, Word and Outlook