Job Summary:We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Governance Analyst to join our Data Governance team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration skills, and experience with large datasets. In this role you will directly contribute to the success of our data strategy by working on data analysis, KPI definitions, data investigations, standardized reporting and regulatory frameworks, regulatory compliance audit and the holistic usage and monitoring data across our organization.
At DSS, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. Data Governance Analysts work closely with the data engineering, back-end services and front-end technology teams. The Senior Data Governance Analyst will work to implement critical compliance and regulatory frameworks, standards and procedures, define key data definitions, data lineage, document data flows and be the subject matter expert of the data flowing into our environment that require stewardship
- Create scalable frameworks, standards and data best practices while upholding integrity and privacy across our data ecosystem and lifecycle
- Document and implement data policies, standards, and procedures for both legacy and new data environments
- Design and curate data dictionaries based on stakeholder requirements for multiple platforms, including websites, mobile apps, and connected devices
- Work with engineering teams to ensure complete data lineage is captured and managed for our data of record
- Perform data instrumentation during dataset implementation and data quality monitoring
- Perform data quality audits, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements, and help implement fixes
- Manage data taxonomy, reference data management, join model, and master data management for essential data
- Manage the stakeholder communications to ensure all data consumers are aware of the data governance strategies and any changes
- Serve as a thought leader in terms of what needs to be managed and improved to better serve our customers
- Work as a lead data steward hand-in-hand with the managers of the critical data systems to convey data quality needs
- Document and implement data quality policies, standards, and procedures for both legacy and new data environments
- 3+ years of relevant experience in defining and implementing data governance best practices, documenting data flow & process mapping, or a data steward responsible for the metadata management, data quality, KPIs, etc.
- Experience working with a metadata cataloging, categorizing and lineage platform
- Experience working with regulatory compliance frameworks such as GDPR and CCPA
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and written communication skills
- Strong experience in documenting data requirements, data strategy and data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
- Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate to the change to the organization
- Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations / solutions in a timely manner
- Minimum two years of experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data and product a plus.
- 2+ years of Python, Spark and SQL
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- Bachelor's degree required in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.