Job Summary:Do you want to help shape the future of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) Finance organization? As part of the DPEP Finance Transformation initiative, this role will engage in development and implementation of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions across our global Finance organization.
In this role, you will:
- Document, develop, and test automations and process improvements
- Develop automation standards and review/approve automations written by other individuals prior to their production implementation
- Partner with functional leaders and team members to develop appropriate audit procedures for each automation
- Provide ongoing support to production automations and troubleshoot problem situations
- You have worked with process improvement and implemented RPA solutions
- You are driven to discover how something works, improve it, and then teach others about it
- You can navigate ambiguity and follow through on commitments in a global, team-based environment
- You have a positive attitude and build relationships based on trust
Responsibilities:Strategy and Governance
- Participates and aligns with long term strategy for DPEP Finance and related processes within their process area.
- Assists leadership in establishing and refining a robotics process automation (RPA) delivery lifecycle to ensure rapid and repeatable delivery of automated processes within the company.
- Assists leadership in developing and maintaining customer/stakeholder relationships and driving buy-in/ commitment.
- Connects business and process priorities to the greater organizational goals.
- Leverages synergy opportunities across functions and businesses.
- Contributes to the productivity and morale of the team.
- Prioritizes training and development of self and team members.
- Works with others to resolve significant issues, clarify or interpret complex information, provide initial screening/negotiations.
- Develops and delivers concise, relevant, and timely key information and feedback.
- Positively confronts issues and resolves conflict with sound judgment and a focus on the long-term business relationship.
- Designs, configures and tests automation solutions in accordance with delivery methodology, security policies and business requirements. Creates and maintain solution documentation.
- Serves as a strategic thought partner working with operational teams and business units, as well as Enterprise and Segment Technology teams, to formulate enhancement options to address specific functional issues / requirements.
- Review solution designs and objects to ensure consistency and continuity across regional teams.
- Maintains a solution library to ensure process understanding and object re-use across processes.
- Leads small to medium scale projects or portions of a larger project.
- Works with Corporate partners and Disney Finance teams to understand and support their process and data needs within the various finance and reporting systems.
- Liaises with Disney Enterprise Technology as necessary to drive additional enterprise system enhancement; ensures local architecture is in alignment with Company standards and supports
- Minimum two years working with object oriented programming (Java, .NET)
- Minimum two years of demonstrated relevant experience building, implementing, and supporting financial planning and reporting systems, which may include external client-focused reporting or internal management reporting
- Minimum two years working on automation or technology-enabled process improvement efforts at the Enterprise, Segment or Business Unit levels of the organization
- Experience using business intelligence, data visualization and/or reporting systems (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects Analysis, Cognos, MS SQL Report Builder or similar)
- Experience in finance and accounting organizations or projects
- Experience using continuous improvement and project management methodologies (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, TQM, PMP® or similar)
- Experience utilizing enterprise SQL database (MS SQL, Oracle, My SQL, SSRS) platforms
- Experience in developing and maintaining key performance metrics for financial service functions
- Experience implementing robotic process automations (RPAs) or machine learning (cognitive) automations
- Experience in building commitment to change, and coaching others through change
- Experience supporting a global operation
- Ability to occasionally travel for business, domestically and potentially internationally
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Information Systems/Technology, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems/Technology, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.