At Disney Financial Systems, you will team with the best in the business to create and build in one of the most innovative teams in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of The Walt Disney Company, the forward-thinkers at Financial Systems constantly pursue new ideas and cutting-edge technologies to help The Walt Disney Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. An opportunity exists to support this dynamic organization as a Sr. Financial Systems Analyst in the Disney Financial Systems team based in Glendale, CA.
Responsibilities:The Sr. Financial Systems Analyst (SFSA) will support the Order to Cash (OTC) process, enhancements and sustainment activities for the front of house systems in the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment. The SFSA’s key focus will be to support the OTC strategy, master data governance, and OTC end users. He/she will participate in the design, evaluation, testing and implementation of system break fixes, enhancements, projects, and other system changes. The SFSA will provide daily support to end user community, identify continuous improvement opportunities and develop training/communication materials. This role will also support activities related to any project-based initiatives including document business requirement, test systems solutions, track issues and resolutions, and assist with training user community.
The ideal candidate should have basic accounting or finance background with general knowledge of front of house systems interactions with general ledger. This candidate should be familiar with financial process best practices and be able to work with various entities to streamline existing processes. The candidate should have excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues, deliver high quality client services, ability to work independently, work in a fast-paced environment, and adaptable to business priority changes with ease.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with financial or accounting, preferably in a large SAP installation
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated expertise and technical proficiency in financial systems and business processes
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in managing projects of smaller scale, budget and risk and implementing change initiatives as a technical expert within a specified product or process area
- Experience in service delivery in a high performing customer service and support organization with demonstrated expertise in reporting and analyzing metrics to support continuous improvement in service levels
- Experience in achievement of specified tasks and solving problems of moderate complexity with minimal guidance within service level agreement (SLA) parameters, while providing a positive experience for customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to succinctly convey relevant information across multiple levels of the organization and project a professional image that fosters relationship building and collaboration.
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently under moderate direction and supervision on assigned priorities and projects
- Understands business processes and is able to develop and assist in the implementation of business process and/or technology solutions.
- Experience delivering training to end users
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Warehouse, Business Objects and/or Cognos reporting tools
- Experience developing and delivering end user training
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Manager, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
Required EducationBachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business, or a related field
Preferred EducationGraduate Degree: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MAC, MBA, MIS)