Creating a unique and relevant experience for each and every user is fundamental to Disney magic. We aim to tailor our products for every user, quickly connecting them to content they’ll love. This process is both art and science, relying on authoritative content expertise, algorithmic machine learning, and rapid experimentation. The work we do has huge scope-- Disney Streaming enables experiences for 140+ million subscribers across Disney+, Hulu, Star+ and ESPN+. And we’re not done growing.
Scaling our platforms, unlocking innovation and driving efficiencies with our APIs are key objectives for this role. We are looking for someone who has managed and scaled API products in a highly cross-functional environment. This position will champion the voice of our API consumers.
As the Senior Product Manager for Experience APIs, you will shape the evolution and expansion of Disney Streaming’s APIs with a focus on scaling our platforms, unlocking innovation and driving efficiencies with our APIs. You will be working collaboratively with diverse and distributed teams to deliver real value across every part of our streaming ecosystem. This is a position that will have an incredibly broad impact on the both the customer and developer experience across multiple services.
As a product manager for our content APIs and Orchestration service, you will lead the direction of your product by setting strategy and partnering with the engineering manager to guide execution to provide a reliable, scalable, and secure platform as the voice of the customer as a developer.
This is an ideal role for someone with a history working on complex services. We have found people that have worked across a system will be successful in this role. You should be able to balance pragmatism and vision to achieve meaningful results amongst a rapidly growing and changing user base.
What you'll do
- Evangelize API first product development mindset throughout product development lifecycle within Product organization
- Develop relationships with stakeholders and understand their roadmap in order to advocate and influence our own platform roadmap
- Collaborate closely with multiple product teams to provide API first guidance, standards, and best practices
- Provide backlog input and prioritization recommendations including functional and technical considerations.
- Develop stories and define clear acceptance criteria for completion.
- Present roadmaps, complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively.
- Produce and lead release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes.
- Cultivate a positive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
What you'll bring
- You have at least 5 years of product management experience
- Experience leading teams focused on Edge Computing and Orchestration
- Have a demonstrated track record of leading cross-functionally, can actively solicit input, and then confidently make a decision and execute
- Experience with best practices and patterns for enterprise API design.
- Demonstrated technical product ownership for large-scale media companies delivering content experiences across a wide range of client platforms.
- Ability to understand the value of an effort and prioritize it accordingly on a roadmap
- Experience using Product Board, JIRA and other management tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
- Experience managing distributed teams
Additional Information:Product Management
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.