Hulu's Data Platform team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an extraordinary addition to our growing team. As a Senior Software Developer at Hulu, you will help build our next-generation data analytics platform utilizing the most advanced data technologies. You should be willing to go to the depths to tackle complex problems and have the curiosity to explore and learn new technologies for innovative solutions. Are you someone who enjoys answering difficult data questions, passionate about near realtime data processing and enjoy the play hard/work hard environment? If so, then this is a great role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, architect, develop, scale, and improve the data platform for the entirety of Hulu!
- Implement large-scale high-throughput solutions using technologies such as Kafka, Spark on Hadoop/Hive and help give back to the open source community
- Invent novel solutions to challenging technical problems, introduce new technologies
- Diagnose and debug issues in production environments
- Collaborate with product/program managers, software developers and researchers in an open, creative environment
WHAT TO BRING
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of meaningful relevant work experience
- Strong programming (Scala/Java) and shell scripting skills
- Experience with real-time processing technologies like Spark/Storm/Flink
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive
- Experience in cloud big data services and technologies
- Deep knowledge of lambda architecture and data-warehousing concepts
- Self-motivated, collaborative, proactive, and capable of committing to results under pressure and ambiguity
- Experience in Software Development Lifecycle and its activities
- Experience with Couchbase and/or MemSQL
- Experience in JVM profiling and ergonomics
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in Spring
Additional Information:Software Development
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.