The Experience Orchestration Services team builds the APIs that deliver the content discovery experience for all Hulu clients. We implement reliable, high-traffic services that power Hulu's user experiences, across web, mobile, and living room devices. We are looking for a software engineer who wants to build and operate these critical services that support all Hulu users!
Our team is fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative and fun, and looking forward to finding out more about you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You'll be part of a hardworking group of engineers crafting systems that orchestrate and deliver data at scale - ultimately powering Hulu clients running on smart TVs, smartphones, gaming consoles, FireTV, Apple TV, Roku, and others.
We're passionate about highly available service - just like you! You'll apply your experience with database technologies to construct distributed, large-scale services.
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of related experience crafting large-scale, highly available Java services utilizing various database and messaging technologies.
- Strong programming skills in Java and other object-oriented languages, and a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Experience using source control systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Champion cross-team projects.
- A broad perspective on problem solving.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to share your knowledge with team members and others at Hulu.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience building solutions that utilize NoSQL databases and distributed caching technologies.
- Experience deploying and scaling within a cloud infrastructure.
- Experience directly managing and mentoring a team.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.