Do you have a passion for ABC programming, marketing strategy, and a keen eye for details? Here’s your chance to work with one of the best marketing teams in the entertainment business. ABC Entertainment Group is recruiting a MARKETING STRATEGY SPECIALIST. This position will play an integral supportive role in developing marketing strategies to support ABC Network.
- Assist and support the marketing strategy team by developing, maintaining and distributing a variety of documents that will aid the entire marketing and PR teams eg. CRM priorities lists, producer rollout documents and keynote presentations, tracking report responses, promotional priority reports, campaign agendas, first use documents etc.
- Keep up-to-date with screening/reading of assigned and high profile series to be able to contribute to internal conversations regarding the overall strategic objectives for each series
- Develop marketing strategies for a number of assigned shows by; creating marketing strategy briefs, conducting agency briefings, participating and leading various internal strategy meetings, and reviewing and providing feedback to help guide the formation of media plans for assigned shows
- Attend all relevant department meetings to learn and participate in cross-functional work streams
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders across the company to ensure cohesion across all marketing campaigns eg. creative, PR, synergy, partnerships, on-air strategy, programming etc.
- Work with partnership and synergy teams to secure promotional inventory
- Communicate with the creative teams all tent-pole or marketable moments/episodes that require specific content creation/attention and engage teams for the optimum rollout strategy
- Seek direct feedback from directors of strategy, media, social and creative on work related priorities and projects
- Become an expert on all assigned shows and share that knowledge with key team members to maximize marketing opportunities that will drive ratings
- Provide feedback and input on media plans for assigned shows to ensure they follow strategic objectives
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working at a broadcast/cable network, studio, streamer or media/entertainment company is preferred
- Proficient and highly competent with keynote as well as other basic office software like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Zoom, Slack, Google docs etc.
- A self-starter that uses initiative to get the job done with speed and accuracy
- Be able to juggle numerous tasks at once and be a competent problem solver
- Must have a passion for TV and popular culture
- Strong knowledge of the TV landscape
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of TV ratings and the ability to decipher data to turn into marketing strategies and opportunities to reach audiences
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and how to use them effectively to drive social conversation, engagement and ratings
- A good understanding of paid media and/or experience working with a media agency
- A team player that is highly motivated and will adhere to and uphold Disney values and principles
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, media or relevant field, or equivalent experience