Job Summary:“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks, Experiences and Products means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is a part of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and is a center of excellence leading strategy development and decision making through actionable data analytics, integration, and insights. Within CIMA, the Digital and Travel Operations Analytics (DTOA) team is focused on leveraging best practices in analytics to capture data, analyze, and optimize our digital and contact center channels, in order to drive Guest satisfaction and business outcomes.
The Sr Digital Analyst plays a key role in the deployment of new, leading edge digital features for our Disneyland guests. They use their passion for analytics and digital technology to deliver insights that drive decision-making for partners across the organization, including Marketing Strategy, Technology, Product Management, and Pricing. The role frequently collaborates across teams on best practices for digital analytics implementation and consolidation of performance into holistic stories. In order to succeed, the Sr Digital Analyst needs to be comfortable working with multiple partners, possess a proactive approach, and use their ability to create and support a story based on quantitative findings.
The Sr Digital Analyst supports the Disneyland digital ecosystem, including websites and mobile applications. They generate and implement technical requirements for analytics, develop and maintain regular reports, conduct both planned and ad hoc analyses, and perform holistic deep dives to tell the story of performance and deliver insights to a variety of audiences.
The position reports to the Manager, Digital Analytics and does not have direct reports.
- Act as a digital analytics subject matter expert within assigned space , representing aspects like data collection and use cases for solving business questions
- Collaborate with business, technology, implementation specialists, and analytics partners to determine data needs, establish data collection requirements, and deploy and maintain accurate digital tracking
- Identify areas of opportunity for data improvement and follow-through to see them implemented
- Obtain and document project details for use as reference material across the team
- Define and execute quality assurance procedures to ensure accuracy of analytical output on a regular cadence
- Design visually appealing, effective, and impactful reports for numerous audiences including views for executive leadership consumption
- Manage the compilation and dissemination of regular (e.g. weekly, monthly, etc.) reports on performance of the digital channel.
- Prepare analytical plans, including milestones, hypotheses, and data sources necessary to complete complex deep dive analysis
- Support a variety of partners across the organization with ad-hoc reporting and in-depth analysis
- Utilize business and analytical expertise to independently perform proactive analysis and communicate opportunities, optimization tactics, or issues
- Use statistical rigor to solidify validity of findings and be able to explain those concepts to non-experts
- Independently seek out additional data and information to round out analyses and confirm assumptions
- Create succinct presentations to tell stories with a focus on actionable outcomes and present findings to all levels of the organization
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Analytics products, including Workspace, Report Builder, Adobe Mobile Services, etc.
- 3+ years web analytics experience.
- Experience defining website and mobile app analytics tracking requirements.
- Ability to derive actionable insights from data and effectively guide decision making
- Demonstrated experience partnering with technical resources to implement web/mobile app analytics tracking.
- Ability to design tagging strategies and effectively QA analytics tracking
- Strong understanding of segmentation and targeting.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to distill analysis into concise recommendations and present to management audiences up to an executive level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient with business intelligence tools.
- 5+ years web analytics experience.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics & Tableau.
- Experience with push and in-app messaging analytics
- Travel industry and ecommerce experience.
- Familiarity with Adobe Mobile SDK.
- Experience with A/B testing and website optimization.
- Knowledge of statistical testing methodologies.
- Experience with predictive analytics and digital experience personalization.
- Proficient in SQL, Hive, SAS and/or other programming languages.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical/quantitative field – e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics, marketing analytics, engineering, etc.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.