As part of the ESPN Corporate Citizenship team, the Senior Manager, Grants Administration is responsible for supporting the work of the team to ensure that the team is working efficiently and meeting departmental and financial goals as expected. The Senior Manager helps to develop and implement budgets, prepares reports for senior management and ensures the department complies with company policies and philanthropic funding guidelines. The Senior Manager also ensures the team has the necessary resources to complete their work and assists in training where needed. The Senior Manager oversees all back of the house operations and administrative responsibilities including but not limited to processing of charitable donations, reviewing grant applications, tracking budget expenditures, producing quarterly budget forecasts, reporting on in-kind donation values, donations records retention, developing grant agreements, and overseeing the ongoing events of the team. The Senior Manager works closely with Disney Citizenship colleagues to ensure alignment and compliance with company-wide charitable initiatives and serves as ESPN grants administrator for the contributions online management system utilized for processing charitable donations.
Charitable Contributions Processing & Nonprofit Compliance:
- Owns and manages the process for inputting and tracking all external requests for charitable donations through Cybergrants Contributions Management System in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reviews, approves/declines, collects all required documentation for grant submissions, ensures oversight and review of the request by the assigned program manager, processes payments and responds to requestor as appropriate.
- Responsible for thoroughly vetting of all nonprofit orgs before approving and making donations to ensure Patriot Act compliance, fiduciary fiscal governance, sound financials, and overall good standing of nonprofit status.
- Responsible for all charitable grants correspondence including grant letters, grant agreements and interim and final grant reporting.
- SAP systems knowledge also preferred for processing vendor requests and check submissions.
- Financials & Budget Oversight:
- Develops and oversees the annual philanthropic budget and ongoing monthly financial budget
- Manages the general administrative and T&E budgets for the department.
- Produces monthly budget expenditure reports for the Senior Director and Vice President to ensure
- Produces quarterly forecasts of upcoming budget expenditures
- Responsible for monthly forecasts, reclasses and accruals with finance and accounting liaisons.
- Produces Cybergrants Contributions Management System ad hoc reports and analysis at the request of the Senior Director or Vice President. Represents ESPN on the enterprise-wide team developing and implementing the Contributions Management System on behalf of ESPN.
- Puts strategies in place to assure full integration and implementation of the system at ESPN.
- Charitable Donations Reporting:
- Tracks and reports on quarterly donations of in-kind product by ESPN, including but not limited to PSAs including TV linear, digital, radio, merchandise, talent appearances, etc.
- Integration of new D&I competencies in reporting
- Develops ESPN year-end charitable donation reports for The Walt Disney Company
- In-Kind Donations:
- Manages the fulfillment of all in-kind donations on behalf of ESPN Corporate Citizenship team.
- Maintains accurate inventory of all warehoused product to facilitate decision-making and donation strategies.
- Organizes and fulfills on large donations of merchandise given to Corporate Citizenship by other lines of businesses to ensure we divert deposits to landfills.
- Event Fulfillment:
- Manages elements of sponsorship fulfillment for galas and other events
- Processes all executive requests for event sponsorships in coordination with the President’s office.
- Reviews and processes charitable event sponsorship requests from other ESPN business units and Diversity team to ensure eligibility and alignment of nonprofits seeking support.
- Manage all internal special events ticket to fulfill requests for tickets for ESPN proprietary events.
- Talent Requests:
- Coordinates talent requests with the talent office to fulfill any appearances requested by nonprofit organizations.
- Talent coordination for any internal content development/PSAs done for ESPN Corporate Citizenship team
- Manage ESPN talent requests coordination with other Disney segments
- Nonprofit Partnership Lead
- Experience or knowledge within CSR, nonprofit organizations or corporate grant making
- Must be highly proficient in working with online, contributions management grants systems for making philanthropic charitable donations
- Must be highly proficient and have demonstrated experience in financial oversight and budget management
- Ideal candidate has 5 years of work experience with 1 year experience in Financial acumen
- Experience working with diverse platforms and new technology
- Knowledge of PC database applications for maintaining database of in-kind product donations, data management of lists for events, etc.
- Excellent project and time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Team player and able to work across the enterprise
- Ability to work independently and self-lead work responsibilities with minimal direction needed from their leader
Required EducationBachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
Additional Information:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.