Job Summary:Job Description
- Ownership of our current cloud and SaaS services – install, upgrade, maintain all necessary middleware components, work with cloud vendors to integrate APIs and automation tools
- Incident Response - work to compile a runbook that identifies all known, potential risks and incidents, and have well-defined procedures to mitigate or eliminate the risk if they occur, this role does have on call and incident resolution responsibilities
- Deploy and manage innovative modern cloud technologies using infrastructure-as-code, self-healing, security automation patterns, instrumented and monitored
- Participate in implementation of complex engineering solutions across Retail Technologies
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to the stakeholders
- Work closely with our development teams to ensure smooth operational transition of solutions, and to improve existing solutions post turnover
- Experience programming in one or more of: Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, Go, Rust, C/C++ (3 years)
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS/SaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Compute) (3 years)
- Proficient, collaborative, & experienced in building reliable, scalable, enterprise systems (5 years)
- Ability to identify root-cause sources of instability in a high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security (3 years)
- Leading technical projects, working with project managers to ensure smooth delivery (2 years)
- Experience working with Security Operations teams to design security into solutions as well as mitigate existing issues (2 years)
- Understanding of observability principles (monitoring, logging, tracing, alerting), tools and practices that promote observability (3 years)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g.Gitlab, AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Azure DevOps) (3 years)
- Trouble-shooting skills that span systems, network, and code
- Configuration management and orchestration (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Chef) (3 years)
- Excellent written and verbal communications; ability to develop and deliver presentations
Required EducationBachelor's degree in applicable field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.