Job Summary:The Senior Platform Engineer is responsible for design, development, maintenance, administration, and support activities of moderate complexity, including software, platform, and configuration. The primary objective is to provide 24/7 operational support and ensure stability and resiliency for hardware, software, services and other advanced technologies supporting various lines of business (LOB’s). This role will participate in day-to-day operations and works with business units to plan, design, and implement platform(s) and infrastructure. This individual also monitors ongoing maintenance, enhancements, and automation of platform and infrastructure. They will assist to lead, coach, and mentor more junior members of the Systems Engineering team. The Disney Signature Experience team supports both our Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club Lines of Business. If you’re looking for a fun, fast paced environment where you can experience guest satisfaction first hand, Disney Signature Experience is the place for you!
- Conducts or leads others in the day-to-day maintenance and administration of software platform(s), and configuration updates following established procedures.
- Identifies root causes of operational issues, resolves problems and/or recommends solutions for implementation by others.
- Deploy and manage innovative modern cloud technologies using infrastructure-as-code, self-healing, security automation patterns, instrumented and monitored
- Escalation of only the most difficult problems/issues
- May initiate implementation of new projects, developing tools, automation, and scripts to facilitate platform maintenance, operational efficiency, reliability, and administration.
- Plans, manages and executes small to mid-scale platform-oriented projects that include business unit initiatives and updates to existing platforms as needed.
- Consults with application team as necessary to resolve issues and/or clarify requirements.
- Provides research, design, building, testing, and support to software platform(s), including support for multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgraded platform or infrastructure.
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Responsible for documentation of new and existing standards and best practice.
- Participates in the development of large technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
- Participates in the development and refinement of standards and best practices for the production environment based on the needs of the supported business units.
- Operates with considerable autonomy and discretion
- Willing and able to ask difficult questions and build consensus when necessary
- Present technical information, in communicable verbal or written format, to technical and/or business audience.
- 4 to 7 years of progressively related experience in Systems Engineering and/or software development.
- In-depth knowledge of systems applications and hardware, server architecture, operating platforms, NAS/SAN technologies, and internet and web applications.
- In-depth experience with:
- Systems support
- AWS provisioning and support
- Proficient, collaborative, & experienced in building reliable, scalable, enterprise systems
- Ability to identify root-cause sources of instability in a high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems
- Tools and middleware including Chef, Ansible, Terraform
- Enterprise operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows)
- Apache Tomcat, IIS
- Project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field or related work experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.