The FX/National Geographic Standards & Practices department is seeking a bilingual (English/Spanish) Associate responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating the acceptability of Entertainment and Documentary content submitted via scripts, rough-cuts, and final cuts in accordance with network/corporate guidelines and government regulations. The Associate will be trained to give applicable standards notes on multiple stages of the creative process for all assigned programming and advertisements. They will also learn how to engage in working relationships with Programming and Production clients involved in creating and producing programming across linear and streaming platforms.
- Read, review, and determine acceptability of all assigned programming materials at various stages of production based on corporate, brand, societal, and/or ethical sensitivities.
- Issue standards notes for content that may include violence, unacceptable language, sexually explicit material, imitable behavior, commercial product placement, and other graphic visuals.
- Provide written approval, specify an appropriate V-Chip rating and, if applicable, a viewer advisory, to assigned program air masters.
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with Programming and Production clients.
- Negotiate with clients to find acceptable solutions to challenging or controversial subject matter.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, organizational, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a prior role that can demonstrate excellent writing ability, attention to detail, and interaction with multiple stakeholders.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a position related to the television industry with a direct connection to content.
- Computer proficiency in a PC environment and with expertise in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- A team player who is able to prioritize work efficiently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to handle a high volume of time-sensitive tasks in an expeditious and precise manner in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to approach difficult situations or challenging conversations diplomatically.
- Can perform in an area with required discussions of sensitive subjects including foul language, sexual scenes, graphic violence, etc. that appears in materials submitted for review.
- Must be completely fluent in Spanish (read, speak, write) to communicate with our LATAM clients and partners.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a Standards or Clearance environment.
- Some experience within a corporate environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.