As a Technical Director, you will lead the technical design and management of all locally-produced shows, special events, and seasonal events for Shanghai Disney Resort. Assist the entertainment performance department in backstage technical support for performances and special events, as well as technical design, operation, and management.
- You need to develop appropriate design and specifications of the equipment to support artistic vision demonstrating fluency in audio, lighting, and video;
- You need to leads in-house and contracted technical event teams;
- You need to develop schedules for event technical staff and production elements;
- You need to creates technical event budgets and documentation;
- You need to oversees and ensures full onsite safety compliance;
- You need to creates technical sections of operating guidelines and safety checklists as required;
- You need to creates equipment manuals as required;
- You need to develop and maintain relationships with local equipment suppliers;
- You need to partners with other lines of business, vendors, contractors, and relevant regulatory agencies;
- You will ability to self-manage schedule and production timelines, work alone, and lead teams;
- You will take other work assigned by managers.
- Minimum of 10 years of entertainment technical experience;
- Post-secondary degree in technical theater or equivalent preferred;
- Strong technical skills in at least three areas including audio, electrical, lighting, rigging, scenic construction, special effects, show control, and video;
- Ability to handle multiple high-pressure projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Microsoft Project, Sketch-Up, and AutoCAD ;
- Experience with Entertainment systems on a corporate network including but not limited to, Audio DSP design and programming (QSys), Video servers (Hippo, d3, Watchout), projectors & displays, Lighting control and system design (GrandMA, ETC Paradigm), and show control systems (TAIT Navigator);
- Ability to partner with other lines of business, vendors, creative and production staff, and crew members.