Job Summary:The Media Distribution team is looking to hire a talented Technical Project Manager to support the growing Partner Integration (PI) Engineering team. The Media Distribution team within Disney Streaming is responsible for the development, support, and management of MVPD Partner software integrations enabling third-party distribution channels for Disney+.
As a Technical Project Manager within the Media Distribution organization, you’ll be responsible for managing engineering teams and operational efforts developing large-scale applications for supporting products including Disney+, ESPN+, and others. You’ll also function as the interface between Product, other Engineering teams, and External Partners; participating in and facilitating coordination, alignment, roadmapping, integrations, and the overall seamless delivery of best-in-class solutions.
- You are obsessed with the delivery of quality software and process, regardless of the challenges
- You promote team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication
- You build strong relationships with partnered engineering, product, operations, and business teams
- You display initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward
- You are able to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing multiple work streams in a deadline driven environment
- You are constantly seeking ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of managing stakeholders in multiple disciplines across several global offices
- You have an understanding of or experience in working with the cable operator (MVPD) business model and/or related technologies
- Focus on major areas of work, typically 20% or more of role
- Develop and maintain a project plan in order to deliver best-in-class software through the SDLC Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines
- Execute on several partner api integration projects concurrently, with a remote & distributed Engineering team, while balancing competing priorities
- Facilitate and solidify project processes and operations by creating, managing, and updating documentation, and communicating workflow expectations to relevant stakeholders
- Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks
- Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
- Identify solution paths for competing requirements while managing stakeholder preferences
- Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations
- 3+ years experience as a Technical Project Manager leading complex media, technology or product launches
- In-depth knowledge and experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
- Strong knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
- Experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the “go-to” individual
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience working with remote and global teams
- Experience within the media entertainment industry is highly desirable and strongly recommended
- Experience managing operations teams is a plus
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM) is a plus
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.