Job Summary:Walt Disney Studios (WDS) has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters. WDS has worked with its affiliates to redefine the movie-making process focusing on creativity, innovation, and collaboration. At WDS, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
As part of the WDS Technology team, you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment. We’re looking for a passionate individual who will provide front-line end-user support for WDS and its affiliates as a part of the Technical Services and Support (TSaS) team. You are a seasoned and experienced professional, preferably from a technical support environment associated with production or post-production, able to comfortably oversee highly complex and high-end technical support teams. You’re able to multitask in a highly complex, diverse, production environment; able to quickly prioritize decisions given incomplete and conflicting knowledge. You are self-directed, being able to both manage and (re)prioritize the multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that, inevitably, occur when supporting production. You have strong analytical problem-solving skills; someone who is a team-building leader with good interpersonal, verbal and relationship building skills.
The TSaS team works directly with the engineering and architecture teams to design, build, implement and support critical Production Systems and Applications. These systems and applications directly impact our ability to deliver high-quality products through all stages of the movie-making process. This position works to addresses a specialized competency vital to achieving this support effort by:
- Providing exceptional technical support for our internal applications/systems, implementing company technology initiatives, supporting special events like movie premiers, and working with clients to identify how technology can assist or improve their productivity.
- Acting as the clients advocate and acting as their voice when speaking to the various technology teams involved in support of WDS
- Ensuring all incidents, requests and issues are resolved or triaged and escalated to the correct teams for resolution. TSaS is the tip of the spear when it comes to client engagement.
- Providing 24x7, global support to those specialized business and production functions that directly support various show-critical production operations including travel.
- Assist in defining and documenting processes related to supporting the studio.
- Implement and standardize a monitoring program for desktop systems to provide a comprehensive view of the health of the environment.
- Work with other Segments and Departments to drive WDS Studios initiatives.
- Travel on location as needed in support of WDS productions
- Respond to user requests for hardware and software issues
- Route requests to appropriate teams or escalate to teams when required
- Communicate with users and senior management the status of issues
- Provide technical guidance to users across studio on new workflows or optimizing old ones
- Perform hands-on repair of equipment and maintenance/installation of infrastructure
- Troubleshoot all hardware associated with end-user computing, mobile devices, printers, workstations, switches, etc.
- Act as SME for assigned internal applications and workflows
- Oversee small to medium projects, providing status updates to upper management. Driving timely results
- Implement continuous improvement methodology through the use of IT systems or procedure
- Capable of following and composing process and procedure documentation, training users in complex topics, and interacting positively with upper management and executive staff
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
- Strategic thinking both technically and business-wise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Charismatic Personality
- 3-5 years experience in a desktop support executive and/or production environment.
- Strong experience with documentation and communication regarding workflows and runbooks
- Flexible schedule to allow for immediate travel as needed
- Understanding of virtual environments (building, supporting, maintaining)
- Superior customer service focus as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years experience supporting users on Macintosh OS X and higher; Strong Mac skills
- 3+ years experience supporting users in a Microsoft Windows 10+ environment
- Experience with Windows and Macintosh versions of the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with network troubleshooting (LAN/WAN and VLAN)
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills including conflict and first call resolution.
- Ability to lift 35-60 lbs, primarily computer equipment from floor to desk.
- Knowledge of AD and Exchange management
- Familiarity with security protocols and practices and ability to evangelize policy
- Prior experience in a studio production environment strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL, FileMaker Pro, and other database tools
- Knowledge of basic command-line tools (SSH, scp, rsync, etc)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.