You are responsible for performing installation and repair of draperies, canopies and props, repair of furniture, umbrella maintenance, flag replacement at height, rope and net repair.
- You will demonstrate the ability to use all kinds of small hand tools;
- You will perform general repairs and preventative maintenance throughout the Shanghai Disney resort；
- You need to have knowledge of color matching, know interior materials, furnishings, accessories and art work as well as architectural materials and its application;
- You need to have the knowledge and skills of canopies installation and crowd rope fabrication;
- You need to learn the Disney decoration style, well know the decoration process of each building in resort;
- Your work includes building normal fixing and preventative work and refurbishment project;
- You need to know how to use scaffolding, ladders or other equipment to meet safety standards for working at higher levels;
- You are able to understand blueprint and drawings to extract info such as material requirements and structure dimensions;
- You can layout preparation using measurement tools; can accurately mark materials for cutting and assembly;
- You are able to fasten materials properly with nails, dowel pins, screws, bolts, or glue;
- You will provide preventive maintenance in hotels’ guest rooms together with other engineering teams, as arranged by management;
- You need to manage assigned workload through use of CMMS system (MAXIMO);
- You are able to coordinate and partner with other skilled craftsmen of various building trades;
- You will demonstrate a visible commitment to safety;
- You will keep cleanliness and tidy of environment in workshops and follow accordingly;
- You will carry out any miscellaneous tasks as directed by line manager.
- More than 2 years of experience in installation working experience. (Experience with multi-facility or multi-technical skills preferred) ；
- Vocational school in civil engineering is preferred；
- Good oral and written communication skills and you can read and understand blueprints；
- Mentally alert and physically fit (may be required to work on constant movement on foot or in vehicle; material and tools or carpenter equipment handling);
- Actively communicate, support and interact with other Cast Members;
- Be reliable and independent whether working individually or in a group;
- Obey the work arrangement and scheduling requirements, to be on duty and off duty on time;
- Available to work on holidays.
As one of the worldwide leaders in family entertainment, Shanghai Disney Resort delivers legendary service and a lifetime of memories for our guests. Joining us in a new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure involves creating happiness for the millions of guests who visit our Resort each year. Whether your career journey here is onstage or backstage, there are almost unlimited opportunities for growth and personal development at Shanghai Disney.
* We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities.
* Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy.
* Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
Salary: your salary consists of a base salary + service bonus + floating year-end bonus
Social Insurance: You are entitled to five social insurances and one housing fund
Overtime and allowances: In addition to statutory overtime (depending on your position) you may be entitled to a high temperature allowance and a night shift subsidy
Catering subsidy: You are entitled to one free meal per day on days that you are working
Accommodation: You have the opportunity to live in a dorm with Wi-Fi and air conditioning or to receive a living allowance
Vacation: You are entitled to paid annual leave and paid sick leave
Insurance: We buy supplementary medical insurance for you and your children. You can also enjoy group life insurance
Free Park Entry: While you work for Shanghai Disney Resort you will have the opportunity to enter the park with your family and friends for free
Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
Health checkup: You are entitled to a free health checkup once a year
Learning and development opportunities:
Learning: you will be taught a range of international professional skills, including corporate culture, service skills, and more.
Career Development: Promotion opportunities are transparent and are dependent on your own efforts. You can also apply for internal transfers should you wish to develop yourself in another part of the company. With Hotel, Food and Beverage, Fire Safety, Security, Merchandise, Park Operations, Disney University and Operations training opportunities across multiple industries, there will always be development opportunities for those who want them at Disney.
Activities: Disney provides Cast Member with a range of volunteering opportunities as well as fun clubs for basketball, tennis, yoga, Disney Run, Music, Drama, DIY and more as a way to help you connect with your colleagues and network in a fun environment.
Apply online -> Interview over email -> Accept Employment -> Onboard
Please note: You may only apply for this position once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
You will be working at Shanghai Disney Resort in Pudong, Shanghai. You can take metro Line 11 to Shanghai Disney Resort station or take one of our many shuttle buses. The shuttle buses can be taken from one of several central areas across the city every day. You can find out more information during your onboarding process.