Disney Branded Television seeks a qualified candidate for a Vice President, Current Series position to oversee the Current department and manage current series responsibilities (comedies and dramas) for content airing on Disney Channel and Disney+. This position will report to the SVP, Development & Current Series and partner closely with showrunners and a variety of executives inside and outside of Disney. This position will lead a team and require an inclusive mindset to influence the content and environment.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Current Series department to ensure the delivery of unique, compelling and brand-appropriate scripted series content.
- Support the creative development and evolution of existing shows, which involves but is not limited to:
- Reading and giving notes on stories, outlines and scripts.
- Supervising the staffing of writers and directors.
- Watching and giving notes on dailies and rough cuts.
- On-set coverage of productions when necessary.
- Serving as a facilitator, arbitrator, mediator, coach with talent.
- Seek direct feedback from SVP, Development & Current Series on work-related priorities.
- Collaborate with other Disney Branded Television departments on various issues as needed (Business Affairs, S&P, Communications, Marketing, Research, etc.)
- Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio partners and outside producers on all production and programming issues.
- Manage special projects and assignments as required.
- Significant experience working at a studio, network, or streamer in current series and/or development.
- Strong working knowledge of the business and creative aspects of scripted series production.
- A management and leadership approach that fosters collaboration, fairness and transparency.
- Solid relationships within the creative community – writers, producers, agents, etc.
- Demonstrable writing skills and excellent knowledge of script and story structure.
- Knowledge of and interest in DBT content and target demographic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with creative talent and all levels of management.
- A self-starter, who is assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- A passionate commitment to quality entertainment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high-energy environment.
- A team player who works well with others.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.