Job Summary:Disney Canada Inc. is seeking an experienced executive for the position of VP, Direct to Consumer, Canada.
This position will report to the global President of Disney+ and will lead the direct to consumer business in Canada. The VP, Direct to Consumer, Canada is a key member of both the Canadian Executive leadership team, as well as the broader international Disney Streaming Executive Leadership team.
This role will be responsible for the overall operations of the direct to consumer business in Canada, including achieving certain key financial and operational goals.
- Oversee Canada’s direct to consumer subscription streaming business
- Establish and track against clear goals, ensuring timely feedback, and address performance problems and issues in a prompt manner
- Develop and implement a strategic operating plan that supports the organization’s vision and goals and long-term direct to consumer strategy for Canada, in partnership with and based on overall direction/input from the President of Disney+.
- Translate the strategic plan to staff to ensure support and modify the plan in response to changes in internal and external factors
- Leverage the following centralized teams: marketing, subscriber acquisition, customer management, programming/merchandising, and operations and help inform the content segments to deliver on these ambitious goals
- Create and manage a department structure, operating standards, and practices that are responsive and adaptable to evolving business needs
- 10+ years of experience leading a diverse group of functions in a large organization
- Proven leader in DTC businesses, ideally on the customer acquisition/management side
- Must have senior management or executive level experience managing multiple departments; a leader of leaders
- Track record of successfully working in large, matrixed organization
- Leadership, especially as a team builder, collaborator, and operational expert across matrixed multi-country organizations
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Adaptable and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving work environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Must demonstrate and maintain integrity, credibility, be a sensible risk taker, practice proactive leadership, accountable, adaptable, be a forward-thinker, and have a strategic mindset
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business, Marketing, or a related field
Additional Information:Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Canada Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.