Freeform is hiring a VP, Marketing Strategy & Media.
- Lead marketing strategy and series positioning for all content marketing campaigns for Freeform original series and brand initiatives.
- Leveraging customer insight to guide the team to deliver innovative creative marketing.
- Proactively determining where and how in-depth insight can make marketing more successful and where the opportunities exist to accomplish team/brand goals.
- Partnering with our primary researchers, internal analysis group and data/research organizations to maximize their work’s customer insight and marketing program application value
- Demonstrate thought leadership regularly & innovate how Freeform markets to the rapidly evolving Millennial and Gen Z audience.
- Spearhead the cross-discipline development of all marketing campaigns across departments. Partner with teams to build best in class campaigns across multiple platforms with a primary focus on youth adult entertainment audience.
- Develop, secure stakeholder buy-in & implement the annual Go-To-Market plan for the brand.
- Directly manage external agencies including sourcing best in class partners.
- Directly responsible for on-air, cross-channel, paid media (including social—IG/FB, TikTok, Twitter, etc—and Hulu), paid partnerships, experiential and influencer initiatives
- Strong media strategy & planning knowledge is necessary—must be familiar with supporting streaming/digital content via paid media & paid social media.
- Understanding how to leverage first party viewership data, and knowledge of streaming TV content consumption patterns, devices and correlated paid media offerings.
- Partner with the advanced analytics team to analyze & optimize campaign effectiveness, and partner with consumer insights & network Research teams across multiple initiatives
- Guide the strategic & effective allocation of promo inventory on Freeform, in support of Freeform, cross-channel and synergy priorities
- Serve as the hub of Marketing communication across the network and division.
- Ensure effective communication of all strategies and campaign elements to all internal and external stakeholders, including executive producers, talent & network executives
- Lead department & network task forces. Represent Freeform on company-wide task forces.
- Inspire & lead a diverse team of marketing professionals to produce best-in-class work
- Minimum 10 years of experience in consumer marketing with increased responsibility and collaboration with all aspects of business.
- Experience in entertainment marketing with direct to consumer, streaming TV a plus.
- Proven leader in setting direction and strategy for Marketing or similar function.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong creative track record with examples of innovation
- Strong knowledge of social media to drive marketing goals - direct responsibility a plus
- Passionate about youth culture and entertainment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.