Provide leadership and oversight of physical production of original movies (DCOM) for linear and Disney +. Deliver compelling programming that meets creative expectations by facilitating communication, thinking strategically, staying current on new technologies, seeking new talent and providing support to business partners.
- Reports to and seeks direct feedback from the EVP of Production.
- Supports and elevates the creative goals by making appropriate production, financial and logistical recommendations.
- Finds solutions to budgetary challenges while always maintaining the creative integrity of the project and strong brand identity of the business. Research production locations and tax incentive options to best leverage creative needs.
- Able to communicate effectively with Producers, Directors, creative contributors and agents in the execution of their duties as the Company’s representative. Research and identify key creative personnel to staff on projects.
- Able to manage multiple high profile projects with many synergy elements simultaneously.
- Supervise all aspects of production beginning with drafting production plans and schedules, creating initial budgets prior to producer selection, through project production and post-production. Vets and notes final budgets/schedules to recommend for approvals.
- Draft and publish series planning documents, such as development and production/post schedules and countdowns, to keep all partners on track and informed of project pickup and launch deadlines. Proactively communicate any potential schedule challenges and offer workable solutions.
- Identifies and oversees the selection of line producers who will execute the creative vision while maintaining budgetary parameters in collaboration with Directors, Producers and Network.
- Provide guidance and structure for line producers and production staff to ensure all contracts, deal memos, permits, releases, labor laws, I-9, Harassment, Conflict of Interest, Minors Law, etc. are adhered to per Company requirements.
- Familiarity with guild and union agreements, including the complexities and details of each, as well as awareness of each production’s needs to be as strategic as possible.
- Reviews production related documents on a daily basis (Production Reports, Hot Costs, Cost Reports, etc.) and provides timely analysis on production trends.
- Lead and manage Production Team that includes post production executives, production executives to enhance their project contributions and develop their skillsets/leadership development.
- Understands New Emerging Digital Production technologies and pro-active style to seek out and evaluate new cameras and workflows.
- Significant experience managing the physical production of scripted projects either as a Producer/UPM/Production Supervisor or as a network/studio Production Executive.
- Experience with, relevant union and guild rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage complex production budgets in a cost effective manner. Ideally, experience with mid-budget feature films centered in fantasy creative worlds with extensive visual effects.
- Ability to physically produce programs on limited budgets without sacrificing quality or production values.
- Hands-on experience working at or with a major studio or network.
- Experience in domestic and international locations with producer and crew contacts.
- A team-oriented collaborative management style and a demonstrated ability to work with multiple constituents to get the job done.
- Musical and indie movie experience preferred.
- Interest in Children’s Programming a MUST.