Industrial Engineering Co-op/Internship
Company Overview: At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Department Overview: Want to be part of a world-class organization, learning new skills that you can apply in the “real world”? How about free admission to theme parks and all the shopping and restaurants you can get your hands on? If this doesn't sound like your typical Industrial Engineering position, that’s because it’s not! Our program is designed to develop you professionally and increase your practical knowledge of the many operating areas within the Company. You will have a wide range of opportunities to provide analytic and consulting support to various lines of business including Merchandise, Attractions, and Entertainment. It may even serve as a springboard in launching a successful career. You will have the opportunity to network and learn from other Industrial Engineers and make friendships that cover the globe.
- Conduct Industrial Engineering analysis projects, particularly in operational planning support, workload planning and forecasting, capacity utilization, and productivity/process improvements
- Ensure the appropriate methodology, measurements, tools and quantitative techniques (e.g. data collection, computer simulation, statistics, process flow analysis, etc.) are applied in projects
- Lead and participate in team efforts and work on projects which require interfacing with all levels of cast and management
Basic Qualifications:These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Prior related work experience, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on problem-solving
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Willingness to learn new software applications
- For co-ops: ability to work multiple, rotating terms from 4-6 months in duration
Required EducationThese are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Industrial Engineering or related program
Preferred EducationCumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability for the duration of the term
- Must provide reliable transportation during the duration of the internship
- Positions will be located in Orlando, FL (Walt Disney World). This is subject to change pending company COVID guidelines and protocols.
- It is the intern’s responsibility to make housing and transportation arrangements for the duration of the internship.
We provide housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here.