Job Summary:As a Web Developer on the Web & Mobile Technology Team, you will work as part of a team to deliver the web solutions on PC and Mobile devices. You must be able to deliver high quality code on time and with detailed comments and unit testing where appropriate. You are comfortable with configuration control tools, object orientation and design patterns. Integration with web services and consuming XML or JSON is second nature to you, and you can parse data into objects and manipulate it with ease.
- You need to develop and deploy web applications using Angular, React, Vue and nodeJS web technologies;
- You need to work collaboratively or in isolation as the situation demands;
- You need to design, develop and test complete applications and also discrete components of larger web solutions;
- You need to interface with remote and distributed data sources and APIs;
- You need to troubleshoot, optimize and performance tune;
- You will work closely with the Technology Manager, Architect and the rest of the web development team in different locations, to continually improve the development process and the product quality;
- You need to establish time effort estimations for tasks, to support more effective planning.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Master degree is desirable;
- At least 8 years’ experience in LAMP and Web technologies;
- At least one project experience with Angular, React, Vue.js;
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development, continuous integration, software quality metrics, automated testing (UI and unit testing) for web solution;
- Modularized development mindset & experience. Familiar with Function Programming is a plus;
- Mobile App Web development & integration experience;
- Experienced at web development in supporting multiple browsers and devices (responsive design);
- Understand Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins or related CICD technologies;
- Solid experience of object-oriented design and modern programming techniques;
- A demonstrable track record of published and successful applications;
- Passion for technology and innovation, proactive with learning new web technology and adopting into the project;
- Knowledge of server side web application development;
- Creativity and communication skills, ability to motivate and work independently;
- General technology troubleshooting skills using Unix tools;
- Ability to use experience to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot issues;
- Technical project management experience is preferred;
- SEO experience is preferred.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.