UBS Evidence Lab Engineering team is looking for talented
developer to help architect some of the industry's most innovative research
techniques and methodologies. As a member of the team, you will be focused on
engineering and data analysis.
We’re looking for someone like that who can:
- build large scale analytical programs using Python and SQL
- examine, analyze, and perform ETL on new data sources
- execute on projects with extremely high visibility across the industry
As a Software Developer in UBS Evidence Lab, you will be
joining one of the most premier and innovative research teams in the world. As
a part of the team, you will be working alongside talented and approachable
developers, including seasoned former Silicon Valley software engineers, who
are able to provide guidance and mentorship in the areas of data analysis and
machine-learning, and building high-performance software. You’ll be working in
the team in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park).
You can learn more about Evidence Lab here.
- hold Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or related
field (or equivalent experience)
- experience using Python, C#, Java, or a comparable OO programing language
- good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- knowledge of relational databases
- a good communicator, in both written and spoken English
- eager to learn about and to implement new technologies in data engineering
- detail oriented
Are you a perceptive risk evaluator? Are you a critical
thinker who communicates clearly with senior stakeholders? We’re looking for
someone like this to help us:
• Pro-actively manage operational risk by supporting Group Operations functions with operational risk identification;
• Provide guidance and monitor compliance with the UBS group-wide Operational Risk Framework;
• Facilitate the documentation and on-going maintenance of the Group Operations key procedural controls;
• Provide guidance to Group Operations functions to ensure the timely and accurate assessment, capture and maintenance of Operational Risk issues and support determination of sustainable remediation activities to address operational risk issues and audit actions;
• Support Group Operations functions in the review and challenge of the semi-annual key procedural control assessments results;
• Perform periodic independent analysis on risk-related topics;
• Provide key stakeholders with timely and accurate reporting of all operational risk related items and events;
• Interact and coordinate with Risk teams at a group level as well as Audit functions.
Your team is globally responsible for Operations IB Business Aligned Risk Services. You will join a team of risk experts in performing a functional risk face-off role for the UK, where you will interact with Group Operations functions, senior management and regional BARS colleagues as well as other stakeholders.
• Relevant experience in Group Operations with a strong sense of ownership of the areas of responsibility (experience in a corporate environment)
• Strong knowledge of operational risk management principles in an Operations environment, with an ability to accurately identify root causes;
• The ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with senior managers and stakeholders across different functions, building credibility & trust;
• Experience in delivering constructive and effective challenge on a range of risk-related topics.