Exciting opportunities exist within VMware’s Solution Engineering organization for Pre-Sales Solution Engineers (SE). This position represents an opportunity to join our dynamic company and become an integral member of talented team transforming the technology landscape.
The VMware Solution Engineer plays a significant role in building and sustaining customer relationships, while driving the adoption of our solutions to achieve our revenue goals. You will work very closely with sales to build long-term business relationships within assigned accounts. The SE is a high-impact, valued technical role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Present VMware value proposition to customers and partners
- Understand customer's high-level business challenges
- Match VMware solutions to customer's business and technical requirements
- Build strategic relationships and become a trusted advisor within each named account, across all lines of business
- Actively sell professional services
- Define and implement a solution oriented go-to-market strategy for each account to ensure technical adoption of VMware solutions
- Build and utilize strong OEM and partner relationships
- Identify new customer projects for VMware solutions
- Additionally, you will have the opportunity to mentor other Solution Engineers
- Utilize VMware EPIC2 values (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, Community) to conduct day to day business
- 8+ years experience in technology related work, including roles in Pre-sales and/or customer-facing Consultant
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to quickly build relationships and rapport with customers
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong listening and question based selling skills
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to tackle those challenges
- Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, and business continuity solutions a plus
- Ability to travel as necessary
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- Proficient communication skills in English, Spanish or Portuguese
- Fun to work with and enjoy helping others succeed
- Hands-on experience with innovative technology
- Dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical thoughts to everyday language
At VMware we live by our EPIC2 values which are Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
Are you passionate about a groundbreaking technology platform that is disrupting the industry? You can become a member of our Solution Engineering team and be a part of this digital workspace transformation.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.