The Willis Towers Watson (WTW) Global Solutions Group (GSG) has a mandate to bring the full spectrum of services and solutions offered by Willis Towers Watson globally to our Private Equity (PE) and other selected corporate clients – primarily outside of North America.
Reporting directly into the WTW Executive Committee, GSG has senior-level relationships and a solid reputation across several large and midmarket PE firms and their portfolio companies. We aspire to build and maintain lasting partnerships with our PE clients through the deal cycle – from fundraising through deal-making and holding, and to exit.
GSG is primarily business and client development team with a sales focus. We deliver the top-quality solutions that our clients expect, whilst working closely with our network of colleagues and subject matter experts across WTW globally.
The Account Director (AD) will work closely with Client Relationship Directors (CRDs) and Managing Directors (MDs) for GSG clients and prospects and be involved through the business development and account maintenance cycle. Their focus will be on:
Expanding the portfolio - assisting CRD’s and MD’s in prospecting key targets as well taking a lead role on certain identified opportunities
Maintaining client accounts – Supporting CRD’s and MD’s with ongoing client and account management activities as well as taking a lead role on certain clients
Supporting business growth – working closely with the CRD’s to help identify opportunities to promote WTW’s full spectrum of services into a client, and working with the CRD to take these forward
Expanding the portfolio
- Work with MD’s and CRDs to identify and research opportunities with in the GSG client portfolio, build presentation content and meet with clients. This includes PE firms and companies within their portfolios
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of the full range of services and solutions offered by WTW
- Maintain and grow and internal network of delivery adn subject matter experts to test ideas on solutions to take to GSG clients
Managing client accounts
Understand the clients’ business and their risk management needs, work with MD’s and CRD’s to help
- look for solutions to deliver those needs through ongoing service
- Help Identify and implement opportunities to enhance GSG’s ways of working with assigned clients
- Day to day client and account management
Building the business
- Keep abreast of events in our client’s sector – proactively identifying deals involving assigned clients and seeking opportunities to contribute WTW services and solutions to the client (done via Merger Market and industry press)
- Start to build up picture of service delivery to GSG PE clients and their portfolio companies – identify and support opportunities for cross-selling, standardising, creating consistency or adding portfolio-level value in other ways.
Preferably educated to a degree level
Preferably with professional qualifications of ACII or similar
Proven track record of working independently in client-facing roles, delivering high levels of client service
Strong practical knowledge of account management and appropriate tools to achieve this aim
Experience of new business sales process and track record of assisting in converting prospects to clients
Skilled at building effective relationships, at all levels, with clients, prospects and internal colleagues
A strong structured thinker with a demonstrable ability to break an issue down into its parts, and create articulate and compelling solutions to take to clients
Good communication, negotiation and influencing skills
A background in insurance and knowledge of insurance markets is preferable
Some experience in and knowledge of one of the following sectors - Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions or Financial Institutions
Demonstrable record of business and client development in a client-facing role
Ability to travel internationally as required