The Surety Account Executive – Client Service and Delivery performs the essential functions related to the servicing and retention of contract and commercial surety accounts. These activities include interacting with clients to obtain required financial information; designing, negotiating and servicing surety programs for our clients. The Account Executive also keeps our client updated on the surety market conditions and provides thoughtful advice to our clients in order to support the best surety solutions. Our Account Executives are also representatives of Willis Towers Watson in their assigned markets and are expected honor our reputation and values. These responsibilities are carried out in conjunction with the producers, support staff, and other counterparts within our Surety Practice. Attention to Willis Towers Watson service standards related to quality, attention to detail and timeliness are paramount to all of our team members’ success.
Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship
and/or assistance is not of specific job opportunity.
In this role, you will represent the surety team by demonstrating expertise, decision making skills and comprehensive business knowledge.
- Manage day-to-day needs for clients, including bond requests, billing issues, bond close-outs with the support of the service team.
- Responsible for requesting periodic client financial updates and performing analysis before transmitting to underwriters.
- Responsible for program design and negotiation with underwriters.
- Responsible for representing our clients’ best interests with the surety market.
- Responds to clients’ needs and questions relating to account bond program, project limits and specific project opportunities.
- Prepare and submit both basic and advanced marketing submissions.
- Solicited and participate in collaboration with counter parts within the Regional Surety team to build solutions for our clients.
- Communicates with underwriters on status of account or individual bond approvals.
- Support and Mentorship of assigned servicer team.
- Investigate inquiries and provide information in a timely fashion to the servicer team in order to promote the best day-to-day service experience for our clients. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients/peers.
- Support other surety offices as needed or assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 10 Plus years of experience in a Surety Broker Role or Practice, ideally 5+ years in a similar role.
- Underwriting experience preferred, Account Executive responsibility with a Surety Broker necessary.
- Required to maintain Public Notary certification.
- College education preferred
- Knowledge of accounting basics and financial analysis experience required.
- Ability to perform a review of a financial statement in preparation for advising our clients and for submission to the surety.
- Ability to follow-through with assigned projects.
- Ability to guide clients through a hard surety market.
- Knowledge of the surety industry and the general operation of business.
- Ability to accurately track the information needed/requested from surety clients in order to provide surety with updated accurate underwriting information.
- Ability to prepare and submit a marketing submission without oversight.
- Some attendance and participation in local surety industry events: both educational and in order to support marketing efforts.
- Ability to mentor and cross-train with regional teammates.
- Appropriate licenses as dictated by state law required within 60 days of employment.
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Competent computer skills or ability to learn: Epic, Surepath, and Excel
- Ability to travel 25% or more in order to facilitate client relationships and represent Willis Towers Watson at local industry events.
- Willingness to expand job skill set and to seek advice from teammates.
- Must be a multi-dimensional team player