The new hire will primarily support all the actuarial requirements for actuarial valuations. As such, he or she will be involved in retirement plan valuation and will be trained on applicable accounting standards and the use of Quantify (our proprietary software). He/she will need to pay particular attention to details and ensure that his/her work is self-checked before passing on to the consulting reviewer.
The ideal candidate is expected provide assistance the development and delivery of other Retirement benefit solutions: He/she will be assisting or leading a project team in the following areas:
- Accounting and funding valuations
- Data preparation, validation & reconciliation
- Assumption setting
- Actuarial valuation of retirement plans, including the use of WTW standard valuation software.
- Analysis of valuation results
- Preparation of report & presentation of results
- Retirement benefit benchmarking
- Plan design and costing
- Plan Conversion
- DC Administration
As the project lead, he/she is expected is to plan and execute the necessary steps in the delivery of the final output within the agreed period; and lead the presentation of results.
From time to time, the successful candidate will also be involved in other actuarial projects
(life, group, and health insurance/) The role will also involve project scoping and costing,
together with contract preparation. This level also requires client management.
- Graduate of Actuarial Science or related fields (Math, Statistics); background in accounting, finance, investment and economics.
- Associate or significant actuarial exam progress towards ASA credentials
- Good communication skills; MS Office proficient
- Experience in a retirement consulting firm is a major plus
Equal Opportunity Employer