Our Health and Benefits (H&B) business helps large and mid-size clients to control health and
welfare plan costs, to improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through
broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative
plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics,
valuation support, compliance and governance strategies.
As Actuarial Analyst, you will be in charge of actuarial studies and the analysis of the H&B Portfolio. You contribute to the Intellectual Capital and to the improvement of client offers. H&B has a full array of Health and Benefits programs including medical, dental, life, disability, time off and flexible benefits.
The reporting line will be into the Head of H&B for the pays francophones in West and Central Africa (WCA).
Your performance objectives will include the following categories:
• Client deliverables:
- Carry out statistical and actuarial analyses based on H&B clients claims in consultation with our Medical Doctors and H&B Consultants
- Highlight WTW's Intellectual Capital in analyses/client projects (Inflation, Benefits Trends, Benchmark of benefits and Claims, etc.)
- Participate in client meetings
- Provide methods, analyses and adapted technical studies to help identifying the components of Fraud and assess its impact (prospective and predictive studies)
- Carry out quality statistical and actuarial studies on the portfolio (monitoring dashboards for self-financing clients, etc.)
- Deliver a monthly commented analysis (Barometer)
- Participate in innovation projects in terms of modernising the offer and improving tools by providing the necessary statistical and actuarial expertise
• New Business and Tools:
- Contribute to the drafting of Health and Risk tenders as a technical referent in collaboration with the H&B Consultants and Sales Forces
• Follow the rules of Excellence (data protection, 4 eyes review, etc.)
• Organize work so that it is reusable
• Develop actuarial models and tools (rating schemes) in compliance with WTW rules and with the objectives of Efficiency and Knowledge sharing
• Be proactive to help improve the efficiency of H&B Claims Analysis
• Contribute to the design of new products
• Provide Resources / Methodologies (Intellectual Capital) that can be used by H&B Consultants, Sales Forces, Medical board, Operation Teams, etc.
• Train the various actors in the use of these resources
• Create training material for our Learning Center
• Train a pool of junior talents
• Bachelor degree in Actuarial Studies, in Statistics or a similar field
• 3 to 5 years work experience in a similar role
• Excellent computer skills: expert or advanced level essential VBA, R, Excel with ease of adaptation to new technical applications
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word
• Strong financial skills, business acumen
• Strong interpersonal and team skills with polished and well developed oral and written communication skills
• Self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity
• Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
• Strong analytical and creative skills
• Fluency in English
Please submit your application in English.
Equal Opportunity Employer