Great opportunity to join us as a Actuarial Pensions Consultant based out of one of our regional offices. In this role you will contribute to achieving the exciting growth strategy of the GB Retirement practice by working on a wide variety of complex projects, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Colleagues at Willis Towers Watson benefit from all the resources and opportunities that a large company can provide, but this doesn’t come at the cost of individuality. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a variety of colleagues, including some of the leading figures in the pensions industry, and also to be recognised for your personal contribution.
Depending on your preferences and strengths you will be able to work with your manager to develop yourself further and choose from a variety of different career paths.
- You will serve as a key resource for the senior consultants in charge of each of your engagements by performing many aspects of the client work
- We work with a wide range of clients and your work may cover both trustee and corporate
assignments. As well as providing advice on regular valuations, accounting, GMP equalisation, PPF
levies, individual calculations and factor reviews, we often work alongside our clients on
innovative, market-leading projects. You will have opportunities to contribute to varied and
interesting projects such as:
- Integrated risk management
- Liability management
- GMP equalisation
- Plan design strategy
- Asset/liability modelling and journey planning strategy
- Mergers and acquisitions
- You will work as part of a team, building relationships and liaising effectively with colleagues. You will take an active interest in the development of more junior staff, delegating effectively and providing development opportunities through mentoring.
- You should manage your own workload, ensuring that deadlines and budgets are met, colleagues are kept informed and clients’ expectations are met or exceeded. This may include assisting in project management and looking for ways to increase efficiency within client teams by identifying ways to improve processes.
- You would be expected to start building relationships with the key client contacts and their other professional advisors and assist in presenting our advice to smaller clients.
Due to strong growth we are looking to recruit a number of candidates into different roles and the successful candidate for this role will be able to select any of the listed GB locations as their office base. You will be part of that local team but will benefit from the opportunity to work on client teams and with colleagues from other offices as part of our national resourcing approach. All our offices are currently closed with colleagues working from home. When our offices reopen, Willis Towers Watson will continue to offer flexible working opportunities, such as regular working from home and part-time working.
- Experience of core UK defined benefit actuarial work in trustee-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated progress towards Fellowship of the IFoA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong client-service orientation.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise your own tasks
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate.
- Ability to work both independently and on client teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Sense of accountability: owning your work and taking pride in it.
- Self-starter: interest in continually challenging yourself and willingness to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how work fits into the broader landscape.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel.
Equal Opportunity Employer