The insurance and re-insurance industries are going through a profound transformation process with evolving and more complex needs to satisfy.
Willis Re, right at the heart of the industry, is dynamically adapting to this challenging environment and actively promoting innovation and excellence in its advisory and transactional role. Here at Willis Re we help our clients in understanding the risks they face to make appropriate decisions and manage them efficiently. Willis Re is looking for an experienced industry practitioner to be part of the Asia Pacific (APAC) UK desk focusing on casualty treaty business. This role will be primarily focussed on APAC including Japan, along with growing opportunities to contribute in other areas of Willis Re International. The role will involve working closely with senior members of the team to support client management, prospecting, and placement process.
The ideal candidate will have gained experience in the insurance or reinsurance industry, whether at an insurer, reinsurer, or broker. A track record of strong transactional activities is required, and experience working on long-tail or specialty lines is desired.
- Provide front line client servicing (including placing treaty reinsurance, negotiating amendments & improvements to cover, supply of market information, facilitating client/reinsurer meetings etc.)
- Work closely with other Willis Re offices and teams across the APAC region on a wide range of treaty placements, business development opportunities and client management
- Create and grow relationships with underwriters in London and International Markets
- To assess market appetite for our client’s business and communicate this to regional stakeholders
- Understand evolving client needs and contribute to thought-leadership, advising clients on:
- Optimal reinsurance structures with technical and market pricing
- Reinsurance purchasing strategies
- Prepare client and market presentations in Excel, Word and PowerPoint formats and work with colleagues to prepare RfP responses
- Engage with Catastrophe Risk Analysts and Actuaries
Minimum Criteria / Skills Required:
- A strong track record of transactional insurance or reinsurance business
- Good negotiation skills
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Energetic with a strong desire to learn new things
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Team-player, enthusiastic in supporting a team effort and comfortable that during the initial stages of the role, they will be playing a broadly supporting function
- Understanding of how the overall direction of the industry and foresight to understand how it is changing
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A willingness to engage with a wide range of International clients, reinsurers and colleagues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Although not a necessity, one or more of the following would be welcome in this role
- Asian language skills
- Experience working in the APAC region
- Experience in Cyber insurance or reinsurance
- Conduct Risk: To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.