Our business is undertaking an exciting growth initiative and we are building a team to develop a scalable and efficient technology platform to commercialise some of our latest inventions. The platform will make use of our ongoing collaboration with Microsoft on Quantum technologies. The platform will be largely based on Azure but will need to tightly integrate with the Windows client.
We are looking for an Application Support Team Leader, you will be part of a team that keeps the business running for cloud products and services that are used 24×7 by Willis Towers Watson’s clients around the world. You will be tasked to lead a support team to operate and maintain applications that powers all of our cloud offerings. Our team in Manila will be around 20 colleagues working 24 x 7 during 3 shifts and we plan to grow further in coming years so you will be part of the initial start-up with other support professionals.
The line management will be Manila based but there will be a matrix line management to our core development team based in the UK.
The following are key responsibilities we are looking for BUT we are keen to recruit talented individuals who have a learning agility and looking to develop their career further.
- Provide pre and post support for software applications releases working in a global team providing 24/7 support using an 8-hour revolving shift pattern. You will be the most senior support analyst within a shift and will provide guidance and coaching to the team.
- Manage and hands on performance of all incident requests for L1 and L2 within the shift. Act as the escalation point for any incidents that may need L3 intervention to our engineers or 3rd party suppliers.
- Determine root cause analysis, resolve and communicate solutions to customers.
- Develop competency of the ServiceNow product and build knowledge so functionality can be used to manage incidents and report performance.
- Manage, coach and mentor team members on all aspects of the service. Build supporting training material/knowledge transfer to ensure the right level of competency is achieved to support the applications/client’s expectations and their personal growth.
- Responsible for ensuring the team are meeting performance measures, adhering to SLA’s and agreed standards/processes that always provide excellent customer service.
- Schedule shift patterns/working times and provide backup support to meet the needs of the business/client expectations.
- Provide regular reporting of performance, KPI’s and specific SLA’s or trends to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Drive regular Incident Management reviews/audits/surveys and develop strategies for improvement based on lessons learned/survey feedback.
- Network with other support teams to share best practice and develop the team’s impact.
- Previous hands on experience in leading a Support, Software, Applications or Helpdesk Team.
- Excellent communication/organization skills, command of business English and other European languages would be desirable.
- Experience of dealing with several different client problems each day, researching to find the answers, communicating directly with the client both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of reporting technical, functional and operational problems and resolutions to the development team.
- Experience in working in multiple time-zones/countries and rotating shift systems to align with business demands.
- Knowledge of agile development and participation in sprint planning meetings or daily stand ups
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills in order to identify and respond to unexpected or disruptive events
- Must have hands on working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications with Excel
- Educated to degree level, qualification in Service Management or ITIL
- Service Management products like ServiceNow
- Other none English languages would be useful
Qualifications/Experience that would be advantageous for the position:
- Familiarity with ITILv3 or ITIL v4
- Advance MS Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer