Willis Towers Watson’s Investments line of business provides investment advisory and delegated services to Pension funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Endowments, Foundations and Charities and Wealth Managers across the globe. It has its history steeped in actuarial and pension fund advisory and has grown over the past two decades into one of the most respected financial solutions firms to institutional investors.
Our investment business exists to deliver better outcomes for savers. We believe that to achieve this over the long term we must deliver sustainable results for our clients and other stakeholders.
Combining innovative thinking with capable execution, we work with industry participants and our clients to invest today for a more sustainable tomorrow. Our work covers all aspects of the investment function and focuses on better equipping our clients to make good, well researched, well thought through investment decisions. We help clients manage investment complexity; work with them to better align strategy and portfolio construction to balance risk and return, with efficient and fit-for purpose implementation.
You are a trusted partner to asset owners and will be instrumental in influencing the key decision makers in the region. You will work closely with a portfolio of institutional asset owners, including sovereign funds, endowments, insurance companies and pension funds, helping them achieve better investment outcome given their specific situation. You will provide them with holistic and practical advice and solutions, in all areas from governance and strategy, to portfolio construction and implementation. You will partner and work with them in the mode that best suits each individual client’s needs, taking on varying degrees of responsibilities and accountability as appropriate. You will play a key role in achieving our mission in Asia, contributing significantly to the growth of our Asia business.
You will be a role model within our Asia team. Your colleagues will look up to you for your investment expertise, professionalism you show dealing with all stakeholders in the industry, and your dedication and perseverance to achieving your goals.
You will be supported by the team of investment professionals and experts in Asia and globally.
- Develop, maintain and expand trusted partnership relationships with client contacts through problem solving, effective communication and provision of pragmatic and quality solutions specific to meeting their investment needs
- Manage client relationships and work with the team to deliver on their expectations
- Manage internal project team for quality and on time client delivery
- Contribute to clients’ success through applying practical investment expertise and the delivery of Willis Towers Watson intellectual capital (i.e. managed portfolio solutions, asset and manager research, portfolio modelling and tools)
- Uphold the highest level of quality of client delivery and integrity
- Contribute to the development of Willis Towers Watson's thought leadership and research, existing and new tools and approaches
- Meet client and new business targets as agreed, making significant financial contributions to achieving the Asia team’s annual business plans and medium to long term business vision
- Develop broader relationship with market participants and prospective clients, and work to enhance the Willis Towers Watson brand in target markets
- Work in a seamless manner within the Willis Towers Watson global and regional Investment teams
- Develop cooperative internal relationships with consultants from Willis Towers Watson's other lines of business to assure that client expectations are met, and issues are resolved
- Mentor and develop team members
- Demonstrate key Willis Towers Watson corporate values in all aspects of work
- Must have excellent ability to build personal relationships and influence key decision makers. Has the maturity and professional experience necessary to interact and consult effectively with internal staff, clients, and other outside parties.
- Deep investment knowledge gained in the investment industry (as a benchmark we would anticipate successful candidates having at least 10 years’ experience) through product and strategy design, development and implementation of investment strategies, portfolio construction, or product/manager research. Experience gained with asset management organisations or asset owners is also a positive.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to be conversant on a wide range of investment management topics, including the capital markets, portfolio construction, derivative, alternatives and investment theories.
- A highly motivated professional with the highest level of integrity. An individual who is committed to lifelong learning, and adapts new knowledge with ease, agility and open mindedness.
- Demonstrate accomplishments and success in working in a collegial and collaborative professional environment where positive interaction and team working is required to fulfil clients' needs
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills in English and Cantonese, and the ability to work effectively at all levels of both Willis Towers Watson’s and client organisations
- Mandarin skills will also be taken positively
- SFC Type 1, 4, and 9
- MBA or CFA or FSA / FIA / FIAA an advantage
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.