The Insurance Investment Team (“IIT”) is a specialist consulting team of circa 10-15 individuals dedicated to designing and providing investment solutions for insurers.
The team sits within the UK Life Insurance Consulting and Technology (“ICT”) line of business but covers both Life and P&C insurers for the UK and beyond. As a member of the team you will be making a valuable difference every day to our high-profile client organizations. In this role you will work with some of the insurance industry’s top consultants, thought leaders and Companies. If working for a global market leader, with the support to grow and shape your career further, is something that excites you, apply today.
The Insurance Investment Solutions Group segment within the ICT line of business is an exciting
growth area, providing a range of investment services for mainly UK and EMEA insurers. Our remit
for insurers can be summarised as:
• Improving risk-adjusted returns (including asset allocation / model validation);
• Implementation of portfolio solutions;
• Enhanced governance and risk management
Aim of the role:
To contribute to the delivery / development of the following
• Project delivery
• Proposition development
• Business Development
We use our deep analytical skills to solve practical business problems, applying the latest techniques to help clients measure and manage risk and capital, grow revenue and create a competitive advantage.
You will work beside some of the insurance industry’s top thought leaders designing and implementing cutting-edge investment solutions to challenges faced by insurers from across the globe. You will get involved in the development of intellectual capital, helping to ensure that we retain our reputation as insurance market leaders. You will also develop and engage with your network of contacts within the industry to support our business generation activities.
- Experience in a consulting firm, asset manager, Life or P&C insurance firm or other relevant financial services organisation.
- Experience or interest in selling projects to insurance / financial institutions.
- Depth of experience in ALM and investment for insurers.
- A track record of performing relevant work as well as the ability to contribute to client engagements.
- Proven experience successfully managing projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated success or strong evidence to support new business generation.
- Strong client relationship, interpersonal and team skills.
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work within ambiguity; flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues and strong analytical skills.
- Enjoyment of training and mentoring junior staff.
- The ability to see the big picture, leveraging the resources of related practices to address our clients' business challenges.
- Strong MS Office knowledge; experience of relevant investment software a strong advantage.
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis, domestically and internationally.
- An interest in the commercial impact of business generation, project delivery and team productivity within the consulting environment.
- FIA/FFA , CFA qualification or equivalent and demonstrable, strong amount of relevant work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer