As a Pension Technology project manager on the Client Delivery Team you will have primary responsibility for oversight, management and leadership of the following areas associated with a defined group of pension clients and colleagues serving them:
- Financial management: support in monitoring overall budget for your work team, beyond the individuals clients you manage.
- Client management: Demonstrate leadership and provide other Project Managers with support in staffing, scope management, client satisfaction, and high quality service delivery and client interactions.
- People: Leadership and management related to a group of Project Managers who support the clients assigned to the work team in terms of staffing, utilization, career growth and development, performance reviews, engagement and retention.
- Workflow Prioritization and Management: Work with Project Managers, Business Analyst Lead, and Developer Lead and Client Delivery Team Leader to prioritize and direct the delivery of client work, leveraging the most appropriate colleagues within the team.
- Quality Management: ensure work team is meeting client deliverables in a cost effective manner, including all contractual service level agreements; actively work with team as needed to quickly and proactively address any quality concerns.
- Create and consult with clients on best practices around processes, tools, & technology, collaborating with other Project Managers in your work group to ensure consistency and adherence to best practices
- Work with cross-Practice and cross-LOB leaders on initiatives and standard processes to allow for consistent delivery of implementation and on-going services that are on time, accurate and on budget.
- Work closely with the Operations teams on the development and rollout of new features and functionality to clients ensuring we are getting maximum return on our product investments.
- Actively mentor members of the Client Delivery Team on expanding focus to service delivery management, building strong client relationships, becoming trusted client advisors and proactively growing and expanding the high quality services that we provide for our clients.
- Participate in new business activity, particularly associated with defining the client needs and developing appropriate resource plans to meet the needs of the opportunity.
- Manage own client interactions and develop a trusted advisor relationship with clients. Drive superior and consistent management for concurrent projects including timeline, deliverables, resources, financials, project governance and professional excellence. Serve as the primary client contact and project lead, ensuring the team"EURTMs progress against established goals. Manage client expectations and escalate issues to Project Director or other leadership as appropriate.
- Partner with the financial management operations team to develop, maintain, rollout and monitor adherence to appropriate financial management tools across all clients. Ensure financial measures are in place on every project to control costs, meet or exceed revenue and profitability goals.
- Create and maintain tools that increase project efficiency and quality which drive return on investment related to system development, configuration, unit testing, and quality assurance testing.
- Provide oversite and review of practice change order requests, including feedback on costs and solutions.
- Manage efforts to achieve utilization goals for the team and proactively facilitate achievement of utilization goals of team members.
- Manage financial measures and provide data including financial reports and other measures to Client Delivery Team Leader.
- Provide direct management to Project Managers. Coordinate staffing, support hiring efforts, training plan development, and provide mentorship for all Project Manager colleagues.
- Serve as an escalation point for team/resource issues.
- Foster teamwork, positive morale, open communication and "EURoemake this a great place to work"EUR .
- Set performance objectives for team members, routinely follow up to assess progress, review workloads, provide feedback, discuss employee engagement and help associates grow in their careers. Remove roadblocks that keep associates from getting opportunities and growing.
- Conduct performance reviews, responsible for salary and bonus recommendations for the PM team, proactively address low performance as needed and provide associates with honest and timely feedback that allows them to grow and develop.
- Ensure continuous development and growth of associates, assist associates in understanding the career paths available, help with career development and ensure that succession plans are in place at all levels within the team.
- Promote a culture of integration and collaboration within the Practice and with the Health & Welfare Outsourcing Practice, Shared Services, and Pension Administration Group.
- Resolve team/resource issues with other Team Leaders and other leaders.
Operational Excellence and Innovation
- Contribute to the development of process standards to increase quality, improve automation & process efficiencies, and reduce ongoing effort.
- Establish, communicate and enforce governance policies to ensure that standardized work processes, tools, and methodologies are being effectively used to improve quality and profitability.
- Proactively monitor expected and actual results of process standards, identifying successes to leverage, and opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate and contribute to documentation and tools that are needed to support client teams, including a standard project plan, client meeting agendas, project status reporting tools.
- Act as an interface for other business units within Pension Technology and Willis Towers Watson.
- Contribute to governance process that can provide oversight and feedback on the build out of custom functionality that is outside of the scope of the current Core product.
- Support growth of product experts within the practice.
- Own and communicate required changes or enhancements to standards tools and processes with product and client service delivery teams.
- Ensure proper practices, tools, and methodologies are being used to improve quality and profitability, and meet audit requirements.
- Ensure compliance with established procedural and audit processes including change control, SOC-1, and Professional Excellence.
Demonstrated success in, and knowledge of project management fundamentals.
- Track record of success in facilitating and using influence to reach consensus.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to consult, collaborate, and work across roles and levels of an organization.
- Solid interpersonal skills and client service orientation.
- 10+ years project management experience within pension administration and/or Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery
- 5+ years of experience leading new pension system implementations and supporting ongoing client engagements.
- 2+ years direct management and/or leadership experience is preferred.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Pension administration.
- Strong analytical, integrative and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, time management, and project organization skills.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability and desire to promote professional development of associates.
- Experience in successfully leading project teams with multifaceted, competing priorities and deadlines, including virtual work teams with members in different geographic regions
- Success managing large projects within budget
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Master"EURTMs degree a plus
- Ability to travel and work extended hours as needed.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR" the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.