Summary of the Role
Reporting into the Global ex US Head of Product Management, your main responsibilities will be to support the ongoing product management of the Delegated product range (multi manager and fund of funds) across all asset classes globally outside the US. As part of the Product Management team you will work with all other functional areas of the Investment business including investment, distribution and operations.
Development of existing funds
- Assist in the strategic development of the business through recommending enhancements to existing funds with a view to enhancing the profitability and competitiveness of the business.
- Responsibility for taking product management initiatives through the product development process ensuring the appropriate governance approvals are obtained. All product proposals must fairly represent the client"EURTMs interest to ensure that all prospective and ongoing clients are treated fairly.
- Take the lead or work with other team members on implementing product management initiatives within budget to agreed timescales
- Assist with enabling distribution of the existing fund range in agreed markets, ensuring licences and registrations are in place in key markets
Management of the existing funds
- Management of the existing fund range to ensure that funds are kept up to date meeting the needs of our key strategic markets, adhere to all regulatory requirements and continue to deliver the intended solution to clients. This would include:
- Ensure funds continue to operate effectively
- Monitor fund costs to ensure that costs and charges applied are appropriate
- Ensure distributors are kept up to date with any changes to the existing funds to allow them to distribute the funds to the intended market in line with MIFID II requirements
- Act as the product manager for the existing funds, being the first point of contact for knowledge and expertise on the funds
- Perform annual reviews on funds over 3 years old to ensure the funds continue to meet the needs of clients
- Ensure all product documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Assist the Global ex US Head of Product Management with the oversight of regulatory and tax developments in the market, assessing impact on the fund ranges and the funds business and making any recommendations for change to meet those requirements. Any recommendations for change to effected through the product development process.
- Enhance the firm"EURTMs product development process.
- Support the objectives of the firm"EURTMs Global Product Committee.
- Influence and play a leading role in the governance mechanism used to prioritise change.
- Educate and provide training to juniors and other areas of the Investment business on the funds for which you are responsible and the funds business more generally.
- Significant related asset management and financial product development experience required. Alternatives experience will be a differentiator but is not required.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of pooled funds required.
- An in-depth understanding of the current regulatory issues around the globe is a plus.
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasks to successfully meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to lead teams to successfully deliver tasks and meet deadlines.
- To be proactive and demonstrate tenacity in effectively supporting the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR" the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.