We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
A role for a broker within the Reinsurance team in Korea has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual.
The role will involve working in a team focussing on a broad base of clients in the Asia Pacific region and daily monitoring of reinsurance operation and within-company governance.
Overview of the role:
- Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to :
- Leading the day-to day management and administration of the reinsurance portfolio, including contractual amendments, settlements and claims processing as well as renewals and generally providing post-renewal support and documentation
- Leading the broking strategy and placement of individual accounts including new business and renewals
- Liaising with clients and reinsurance market participants on new deals for portfolio expansion and sales enhancement
- Structuring of complex reinsurance programmes (including proportional and facultative obligatory facilities) to help local insurance companies better manage their risk portfolio
- Broking new risks in the worldwide company markets for best pricing given bespoke scope of coverage specific to needs of each client
- Negotiating policy wordings, coverage extensions, policy limits, deductibles and subjectivities
- Binding risks and preparing contractual documents for internal record and client record
- General advisory services and support to the client by email, telephone and face to face meetings as required.
- Managing accounting and settlement of premium and claims in a timely manner
The ideal candidate will have the following skill sets & attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 10-year experience related to Insurance, reinsurance or broker.
- Strong skills in problem solving and analytical skills in complex business situations
- Rigorous inter-personal and communication (written and verbal) skills to maintain face-to-face and telephone contact with clients and Underwriters
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with a strong focus on client service in a timely manner
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Proven experience successfully managing insurance related consulting and/or projects and producing quality deliverables on time
- Demonstrate proficient presentation skills in client reports, recommendations and presentations
- Native Korean and business level English
- Preferabley hold the relevant broker certificate
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.