The primary function of the Global Services and Solutions Practice is to advise, strategize, design, place and service international insurance programs for all multinational clients. In addition to securing insurance coverage for their foreign operations, the Global Services and Solutions Practice also provides a high level of advisory, consultative and advocacy services on a global basis. The Practice is seeking well-qualified candidates for the position of Associate Global Specialist to manage international risk and insurance matters for our clients.
Note: Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this
specific job opportunity.
- Research and Analyze our clients’ global footprint and counsel each on the regulatory factors that influence program structure and strategy
- Notifying all stakeholders that coverage is bound, summary of results and affirmation the Specialist is key point of contact.
- Transmitting notice to insurer that master policies must be received within 30 days of inception.
- Acting as Client Advocate to the Worldwide Willis Towers Watson Network, inclusive of:
- Informing the network of the new program terms
- Distribution of premium allocations
- Fielding inquiries and directing the service platform
- Completion and distribution of the network brief
- Policy Issuance Inclusive of:
- Spearheading any post-quotation negotiations with the marketplace
- Pursuing underwriter(s) to release master policies in a.
- Review and deliver master policies
- Follow up for corrections / endorsements
- Submitting invoice requests (billing form and binder) for premium paid stateside (master and local policies if applicable)
- In addition, incumbent will assume responsibility / oversee:
- Contract Reviews
- Premium Audits
- Acquisitions & Divestitures
- Midterm special projects
- Meeting Minutes of all Post-Renewal Meetings
- Quarterly reporting and analyses
- International Alert distributions
- Summary of Policy Year Activity (delivered prior to 120 days of expiry) at Internal Renewal Meeting
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; international business or finance preferred
- 3+ years’ of relevant experience in marketing or servicing major accounts in a brokerage role
- Licensed broker
- Analytical and problem solving skills with a strong orientation to detail
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Power Point, Excel, and Word required
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to anticipate needs, exercise independent judgment and prioritize and balance multiple assignments simultaneously
- Positive and effective interpersonal communication, listening and writing skills essential
- Proficiency in foreign language(s), a plus
- Self-motivated, team player and goal oriented
- An uncompromising commitment to provide “proactive service” and expertise to our customers and serve as their Client Advocate