Summary of Role
As an Associate UX Designer at Willis Towers Watson, you will join a collaborative team of fellow Business, Product, Design and Technical stakeholders to work on transforming the Human Capital Management industry, by helping turn complex problems into elegant solutions that delight our clients and our users. We create enterprise-level web software for human resource professionals and employees.
You will collaborate with Business, Product, UX/UI and Technical stakeholders to elicit clear problem understanding. Working with fellow UX team members, you will follow user-centered and evidence-driven design approaches, validating the best solutions through user research and interviewing SMEs. Ensuring to deliver the most usable, viable and feasible solutions in line with the business goals.
Working within an Agile SDLC, activities you will perform will include working with stakeholders to discover, elicit and analyze requirements, user testing, uncovering clear problem definition, task and workflow analysis, various flow diagrams, journey mapping, formative concept design, wireframes, low-fidelity prototyping, usability testing and validation, UI interaction design and UI specifications. You will also work to ensure corporate level UX Standards are implemented, for both consistency and usability.
- You are growing your collaborative, professional and solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have experience with user research, strategy, design and usability.
- You strive to effectively communicate your findings through empathetic and thoughtful analysis.
- You foster relationships with stakeholders to ensure success.
- You are comfortable partnering with other UX team members to grow your skills and contribute to delivering the most valuable solutions.
- You are comfortable in working with remote and offshore teams.
- At your core, you have an insatiable passion for User Experience, discovering new ideas, defining them, and working in a highly-collaborative work style.
- You are comfortable in helping define, then reporting out on the progress of your tasks.
- You have a basic and growing understanding of UI and interaction design principles, use of typography, color and page layouts, with an eye for detail.
Requirements for Success
- Ability to work remotely and virtually from stakeholders, while maintaining clear communications and meeting work expectations.
- Minimum 3 years of website or web application design experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience with User-Centered Design in an Agile SDLC.
- Minimum 3 years experience in usability testing.
- Basic understanding of uncovering user goals, task and workflow analysis.
- Basic understanding of designing responsive web applications or mobile applications.
- Experience with tools such as OmniGraffle, Axure, Adobe CS, Visio, Balsamiq, or similar is required.
- Ability to work on virtual teams and collaborate remotely as well as locally.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to balance priorities and communicate issues or the need for support.
- Associate or Bachelor"EURTMs degree in Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Information Science or equivalent experience.Ability to present design and work samples of completed projects is required.
Possible 10% travel required, including international.