Would you like to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment? Would you like to support senior leaders to influence strategy and have a direct impact on win probability? This is an exciting opportunity to join the New Business team within the Investments practice at Willis Towers Watson, where you will have the chance to work alongside the industry’s leading investment experts. This role offers variety, opportunity for development and scope to drive innovation. It also offers great flexibility, including options to be located in our London, Reigate or Leeds offices, and/ or work remotely.
The scope of this role will be to manage multiple bids for new business and retenders. Our current and prospective client base includes a broad range of institutional investors, and our offering primarily covers Fiduciary Management and Investment Consulting services for pension schemes. In the role of Bid Manager, you will:
- Work with the Head of Bid Management, Strategists and Client Teams to develop bid strategy and improve win probability through bid qualification, stakeholder and competitor analysis, contact planning and by developing client focused value propositions
- Manage the bid process across the entire lifecycle including; responding to Requests for Information (RFI), planning for and attending bidder calls/ meetings, coordinating clarification questions, managing Requests for Proposals (RFP), presentations/ site visits and post pitch negotiations
- Liaise with intermediaries and prospects (e.g. trustees, nominated company representatives and Independent Professional Trustees) throughout the process, and attend post bid debriefs where appropriate
- Manage all bid and client deliverables including; data requests, proposals, presentations and a range of supporting materials, working closely with our internal compliance team where approval is required
- Coach teams and individuals through the bid process by sharing experience and best practice, and drive innovation and continuous improvement in our approach to winning new business
- Engage with and support colleagues across the Investments business including; Risk and Analytics, Manager Research, Portfolio Management, Operations, Onboarding and the wider New Business and Client teams
- Manage Investment content and knowledge, and respond to internal requests for information for new business and external regulatory purposes
- Provide regular updates on bidding activity and contribute to ongoing management information and trend analysis, maintaining information in accordance with our internal excellence standards
You will be working in a small, collaborative team where you will be supported to apply your existing skills and experience to add value to our business.
- We would expect someone in this role to have experience managing multiple and complex bids from inception to completion, preferably in an Investments, Financial Services or Professional Services setting
- Experience of chairing and facilitating meetings, managing multiple stakeholders and building relationships with senior leaders
- Effective project management, communication and analytical skills with a good attention to detail
- A creative approach, with advanced MS Office skills (especially in Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and experience of using knowledge management systems (e.g. Qvidian)
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced and deadline driven business development environment