Corporate Risk and Broking - Financial Solutions
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
A role for a Broker within Financial Solutions Political and Credit Risks team in New York has arisen for an enthusiastic self-motivated individual.
- Working with/shadowing the broker when dealing with new enquiries and obtaining insurer feedback
- In consultation with the team, preparing basic documentation for the market and client, and summarizing feedback
- Working with the relevant team members to understand and record figures and premium/brokerage information
- Liaising with the client on new risks
- Broking new risks in the local market as well as accessing international markets through our global platform
- Negotiating policy wordings
- Binding new risks
- Servicing policies once bound including issuing mid-term adjustments, assisting with claims and generally providing post-sales support
- General advice and support to the client by email, telephone and face to face meetings as required
- Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience
- License required within first 90 days of employment
- Be able to assist in preparation of proposals and presentations using marketing resources, practice groups and other producers
- Attention to detail is essential
- Highly organized
- Be able to maintain face-to-face and telephone contact with clients and Underwriters
- Problem solving and decision making skills essential
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, oral or presentation) skills and interpersonal skills essentials
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where lateral thinking, initiative, self-motivation and decision-making skills are crucial
- Good use of Microsoft Excel