A Broker on the Casualty Broking team is responsible for broking activity on Commercial Casualty, primarily Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, Auto and Umbrella lines of coverage. In addition to managing placement activity, responsibilities will include coordinating and adhering to deadlines for internal /external colleagues and clients. This individual will utilize their expertise to help enhance results for the team. If you’re looking to join a growing organization with unlimited growth potential, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Corporate Risk & Broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Broker is responsible for preparing and submitting business to our carrier partners, following-up for quotes, and for providing analytics for key accounts. In this role, you will also be responsible for coordinating internal strategy meetings.
- Gather information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks in order to support the placement of client risks into the market.
- Update, manipulate and develop analytic strategy utilizing WTW’s loss and collateral models, and negotiation with the same.
- Design, manage, and oversee preparation of draft proposals; negotiate and finalize of carrier quotes, collateral, terms and conditions and coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty.
- Research market solutions to learn how to identify and develop optimum risk solutions for clients.
- Ensure that quality and compliance procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Execute straightforward new business placement, renewals and simple alterations of existing cover.
- Record and maintain all information accurately on the appropriate systems.
- Work closely with associates from other departments that support the broking process (e.g., analytics).
- Prepare draft submission documents and finalize submissions for delivery.
- Review quotes against specifications and develop side-by side comparisons.
- Prepare program proposals.
- Review program binders for accuracy against quotes and complete file reviews.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- 7+ years industry experience
- Insurance broker’s P&C license required
- Solid presentation skills (written and oral); demonstrates active listening and note taking
- Relationship management and customer focus; ability to interface with customers and collaborate internally with teammates to serve customers
- Negotiation skills (carrier and client); ability to maintain as-is renewal terms and handle business placements
- Business Acumen: demonstrates strong knowledge/understanding of insurance business.
- Project Management: ability to execute assigned tasks in timely fashion.
- Adaptable and receptive to feedback; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; will seek guidance when needed
- End to end process knowledge: fluent in insurance process and can drive results by influencing other key players in the process.
- Leadership skills: ability to make decisions and support them; ability to take control of own work; ability to seek guidance and coordinate with others when needed.
- Insurance Technical skills; demonstrates knowledge of core insurance principles. Understands coverage forms and principles.
- Strong technology acumen – ability to utilize technology based record management systems; advanced MS Office skills and familiarity with other relevant online tools.