Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity
Welcome to Willis Re!
Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses. Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism. We bring together advanced analytics, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation to client on how their risk portfolios impact performance and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results.
For more information on Willis Re and the reinsurance industry, visit Willis Re Careers.
About this Role
Willis Re brings together advanced analytics, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation on how risk portfolios impact performance, and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results for our clients.
As a Catastrophe Risk Modeling Analyst, you will be immersed in all aspects of front line analytical work for our insurance clients from early in your career, including:
- Learning and utilizing catastrophe modelling software
- Interpreting model outputs and preparing written reports
- Presenting analyses to clients and prospective clients
- Real-time reporting and analysis of natural disasters and supporting clients post-event
- Working with large data sets to develop understanding and insight
- Participation in the REACH learning program
As part of a fast-evolving and global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals.
Willis Re’s two-year foundational learning program (REACH) will take you through from day one of your career until you reach the two-year mark. This program is unique in the reinsurance industry, and is set up to compete with the best training programs available across in financial services.
- Both in-person and virtual learning modules led by expert facilitators and subject matter experts
- A multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance models as well as a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client-facing skills training
- Sponsorship by the Willis Re executive team, and support from a wide network of mentors and peer buddies to support your networking and career development
- Opportunities to travel to meet and learn with your class
- Full sponsorship and support to achieve professional qualifications such as Are and others as applicable
This foundational programme is part of Willis Re’s world class Learning Academy, which supports career development for all of our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
Are you the right fit for Willis Re?
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, which is why we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment enriched by our people, our clients and the communities in which we work. We create a culture of engagement and respect by demonstrating inclusive behaviors throughout our inclusion networks. We encourage and welcome applications from any degree discipline/ major and all universities/colleges.
If you have an appetite to learn and succeed, an ability to build technical knowledge, with a passion for building and maintaining relationships… start your career at Willis Re!
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a 3.0 or higher graduating GPA – preferred backgrounds include engineering, mathematics, economics, finance and sciences
- Enthusiasm and interest to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels of the business
- Good Microsoft Office skills ( Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Desire and drive to take on early responsibility
- Willing and able to act as a team player
- A strong aptitude for quantitative analysis and database management
- Programming skills, especially SQL, are preferred
- Interest or experience in natural sciences and/or data mapping and reporting a plus
All candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future.