The Chief Financial Officer in our office in Pointe-Noire will be responsible for providing
holistic financial, operational and analytical support for the Congo business unit of Willis
The individual will report to the Regional Finance Officer / CEEMEA international Finance team and administratively to the Country CEO.
The individual will provide financial support, financial performance management reporting and processing (month end / quarterly close, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, etc.), additional ad hoc reporting, analysis and activities as necessary.
The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for managing 5 people and ensuring their professional development through coaching and training.
• Create strong partnerships with applicable segments leaders to provide advice regarding
financial implications of segments activities and make recommendations to strategically enhance
financial performance. Be a trusted advisor and partner to these Corporate function clients.
• Develop and manage strong working relationships with Corporate function clients, Corporate FP&A team as well as with the various departments within Corporate Finance.
• Counsel leadership team on actual spending decisions and the impact of such on achievement of plan / forecast objectives
• Analyze monthly results and investigate significant variances to plan and forecast; review monthly P&Ls and propose financial adjustments to reflect proper position as needed
• Distribute monthly / quarterly reports to function leadership on a timely basis with commentary on key issues and trends; regularly meet with management to discuss results, influence decisions and develop partnering relationship
• Coordinate with segments leadership to develop annual plans and quarterly forecasts which align with achievement of financial objectives that support the underlying company’s internal and external stakeholder goals.
• Develop and share supplemental reporting and analysis as necessary to function(s). Work with team to create additional tools and metrics to improve management efficiency and effectiveness
• Be proactive in the business partner relationship – calling out anomalies, additional ways to be more efficient or ways to save costs. Do not wait on function’s request for help.
• Ensure consistent implementation and application of corporate financial policies and accounting practices and procedures with active coordination with the Regional Finance Officer
• Perform other ad-hoc activities to support segment or WTW-wide initiatives, including continuous improvement, management reporting, M&A, integration, etc.
• 7-10 years related experience in financial analysis, accounting or business operations
• Financial and Business acumen as evidenced by having roles with progressively broader financial responsibilities
• Master degree in Accounting/Finance or deep related experience; MBA or Accounting certification will be a benefit
• Systems / data knowledge to enable the accumulation and synthesis of data into operational recommendations
• Proactive approach to problem solving and a customer-centric mindset
• Ability to interpret and analyze financial data
• Ability to resolve exceptions and disputes as well as manage client expectations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to convey financial messages to senior leadership in a succinct and credible manner
• Holds all regulatory licenses, permissions and technical or other requirements applicable under local legislation
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Good knowledge of SAGE
Equal Opportunity Employer