The Configuration Analyst role reports to the Client Projects & Delivery Lead (Manila), with the primary focus of ensuring all client configuration creation and change activities are executed to time, budget and quality.
Working under the direction of the Lead Configuration Analyst, the Configuration Analyst will work closely with new clients and Installs and Data Migration teams and other owners in TAS non technology teams involved in the business change to ensure that the implementation of new clients and client changes achieve high quality outcomes within the administration function post implementation.
The role of Configuration Analyst requires an individual to be technically minded, adept at understanding, documenting and communicating the context and impact of configuration changes within a system.
Typical activities include liaising with the development teams to confirm changes to the data structure and working through the functional implications of any change, documenting new changes and discussing them with the client systems teams.
This is a
pivotal role managing the touchpoint between the core development and client systems teams and as
such would give you a good understanding of the full systems structure, with multiple avenues for
Responsible for the production and interpretation of configuration requirements for functionality within the BenefitConnect system
The role requires the associate to:
- Analyse and interpret changes to data structure or configuration made by the development teams
- Discuss the changes and their functional impact with the development teams
- Document the configuration options associated with the data changes
- Work with the Lead Configuration and other configuration analysts to determine the best way to apply client-specific configuration
- Carry out validation and testing of the configuration change liaising with QA function as required
- Apply your skills as a member of a focused, technically competent data team that prides themselves on excellence. This position requires a passion for technical detail together with effective analysis and problem solving skills.
As a Configuration Analyst, you will need to be able to understand the generic impact of data items within the system whilst also understanding the context in which such items would be set. You should be able to interpret business or legislative requirements in relation to their practical impact.
In this sense, some understanding of the UK pensions technical landscape is desirable, but not essential if you can demonstrate the ability to interpret multiple (sometimes seemingly conflicting) requirements. Overall the role is changeable and ideal for a candidate who enjoys working with systems software and understands database table design and dependencies.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Good IT skills, including some experience of direct database use (with good SQL skills, preferably Oracle PL/SQL)
- Good understanding of database table design and dependencies
- Some experience in data comparison and migration
- Good Interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise your own workload
- Experience in implementing Financial Services systems
- Experience with Unix
- Experience in dealing with DB, hybrid and DC occupational pension schemes
Equal Opportunity Employer