As a Property & Casualty Consultant, you will work on project teams focused on performing reserve studies, pricing, and capital management for our insurance company and self-insured clients.
You will be responsible for some project management as well as producing and analyzing initial results. You will work closely with a variety of consultants and analysts who will help you increase your insurance knowledge and sharpen your actuarial skills. Your role will also provide a blend of client facing skills.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Deliver quality work in accordance to project deadlines
- Increasingly serve as the project manager client projects
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital (new tools and approaches)
- Perform technical and peer reviews of work products
- Meet billable / intellectual capital development hours goals as described by manager
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts by participating in drafting of proposals and performing training or demo of our software
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Actuarial exam progress toward ACAS and/or FCAS credentials is highly encouraged
- 5+ years of experience in an insurance and/or actuarial environment involving IFRS 17, reserving, and/or pricing
- Strong analytical skills including ability to draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical, systematic way
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and Access; knowledge of ResQ and Igloo is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and on client teams and enjoy a busy environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science or relevant field required
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner
Equal Opportunity Employer