The Investments business has committed to developing a scalable and efficient technology platform to support the growth of its Delegated/Fiduciary business and this is a key strategic initiative for the Investments business.
In order to drive the business advantage of data with the new technology platform, we are looking for a data governance analyst to help create and implement the right Data Governance Strategy, processes, reporting, and curate and manage an Investment Data Catalogue. Reporting to the Data Governance Manager, you will develop close relationships with all Investment business departments and help them understand the data assets they use/own and embed good Data Governance practice.
Your Key Responsibilities required for this role:
- Implement the Data Catalogue, systematically undertake Data Lineage discovery, setting the standards that will ensure successful adoption
- Support the Data Governance Team in facilitating cross-departmental conversations, create new governance policies and prepare support materials for the Data Governance workshops and meetings.
- Evangelise the benefits and outcomes of Data Governance to the business and provide training
- You will help identify data issues and prioritise issues, help drive an improvement plan and support the business to resolve material Data Quality Issues
- You will create status and compliance reporting/Dashboards of regular data feeds, processes, data quality rules and other necessary elements to protect the integrity of the data so business teams can use the data in confidence and generate value.
- Significant experience as a Data Governance Analyst or Data Steward. 6 years + preferred and within the financial services/investment management sector
- Good knowledge of data and data flows in an investment or asset management environment
- Extensive experience in Data Profiling and Data Dictionary creation, experience of process mapping (BPMN or similar), Data Modelling (ER Diagrams, System Modelling (UML)), requirement specifications (User stories, functional specifications)
- Proficient in SQL
- Solid understanding of Data Structures and Data Technologies
- Data related project experience, including data migration planning, SQL, RDBMS, Oracle, MS SQL server database and ETL knowledge
- Experience of creating dashboards (i.e. PowerBI) and other presentation means to drive data quality and insight.
- Experience with working in a project environment, including requirements gathering and testing cycles focused on Data Quality.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology
- Ability to build rapport, nurture business relationships and establish clear communication styles with business and technology teams.
- Be a thoughtful and effective communicator, both written and oral
- Pragmatic and Understanding
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely and unsupervised
- Demonstrates initiative and creative solutions for a creative business
- Nurtures inclusive business interactions
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills and ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to work with global teams and all levels in the firm
- Knowledge of the processes associated with enterprise software products
- Bachelors’ degree in finance related subject, technology related subject, or project management
- Industry recognised project management accreditation desirable
- Previous programming experience in any of VB, C#, C++
- Software implementation experience
- Knowledge of various Microsoft products, for example, SharePoint, Azure DevOps, .Net
- Previous experience of working with and/or implementing Data Governance Program or Data / Technology Change Program
Equal opportunity Employer