We have a fantastic new opportunity for a strong, experienced project delivery manager to join our team at a senior level during an exciting period of growth. The successful candidate will lead the Data Service Delivery team, a project revenue generating part of our pension administration business with a key focus on data projects. This role will lead a team of 26 technical data experts and consultants based across GB, Manila and Mumbai in delivering a range of data projects and activities for our clients and the business. In this role you will report into the function delegate lead and will partner with the ‘Client Data Services Lead’ to support the growth of the data project pipeline while forecasting and tracking project revenue to ensure targets are met and resource is available to deliver to plan.
The role will include people and project management responsibilities for the Data Service Delivery team and will be required to manage the operational delivery and resource planning for the team to ensure revenue targets can be met and work is delivered to plan. The team’s activities include but are not limited to; data analysis, reporting and data cleansing via multiple methods (both strategic/large scale and smaller cleanse activities) and working with clients to delivery specific data improvement activities that align to their strategic goals. The team also deliver GMP rectification and GMP equalisation and risk reduction exercises such longevity hedges, buy ins and buy outs.
This role can be based in one of our UK offices, or can be remote and working from home - we are very open to flexible, remote homebased working.
- Drive high quality client project delivery, ensuring each deliverable is produced efficiently
- Client relationship responsibilities, acting as point of contact generally and to explain complex issues
- Deliver project updates to clients in agreed formats attending both calls and meetings to provide updates and be able to take clients on the data reporting and cleanse journey
- Partner with Client and Administration Managers within the business on project delivery requirements and stakeholder management
- Create and maintain centralized data management plan processes in partnership with our risk management function and client relationship managers
- Understand client goals and suggest efficient actions that can be delivered to help achieve them
- Set and achieve project delivery deadlines within scope and budget. Ensure client sign off on fees and scope has been secured as the work commences
- Set and achieve revenue targets, tracking against these and facilitating production of business cases for new proposals generated by the Client Data Services Lead.
- Delivery of projects within agreed budgets, identification of out of scope work and proactive management and discussion with the clients to ensure that all work is billed in a timely manner
- Contribute to the growth and strategic development of the Data Service Delivery Function, proactively seeking out revenue and opportunities across our client base
- Support the scoping and pricing of new projects ensuring that work is priced at the appropriate level.
- Deliver against personal chargeable income targets
- Provide line management to function members ensuring that appropriate development plans are in place and delivered
- Ensure function has clearly defined roles and responsibilities and clear expectation of revenue targets with resourcing planning and operational delivery focus
- Contribute to the resource strategy and recruitment plan for the function and identify future resourcing needs based on skills gap analysis
- Carry out performance reviews for direct reports and manage career development of function to include coaching and mentoring
- Build relationships with colleagues and ensure that projects are resourced appropriately and at the right levels across all geographies
- Support the delivery of a continuous improvement programme championing operational excellence while identifying areas where the project delivery service to clients could be improved and/or expanded.
- Commercial acumen in order to plan, manage, track and deliver project revenue, client and business requirements within budget
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to manage resources and operational delivery of a team to ensure revenue targets met and work delivered to plan
- Technical pensions and data projects knowledge to be able to explain complex issues to key stakeholders internally and externally
- Experience of dealing with occupational pensions schemes would be an advantage, managing projects in particular data driven projects
- Ability to identify and efficiently resolve issues identifying solutions to enable projects to be effectively delivered in accordance with client requirements
- Proven ability to lead a function providing strategic direction and guidance while managing, coaching and mentoring individual team members
- Concise and confident communicator of complex project issues – covering both verbal and written skills
- Ability to foster an inclusive working environment and champion diversity within the team
Equal Opportunity Employer