Together, we unlock potential.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Our Retirement Technology Solutions group (RTS) develops, hosts and supports financial and administration software for our user base, both external and internal. Our group is made up by multiple Agile and Kanban Scrum teams in Europe and Asia working collaboratively as we strive to reduce time to market, deliver increased business value, and improve the quality of our digital services.
For this practice in Wiesbaden or Reutlingen we are is looking for you as a
DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
We require a DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) to strengthen us as we continue our journey of bringing together two historically disparate parts of our software group: Build and release of software with the hosting and support of it in the live environment. As a member of our global team, you will be focused on the move to Microsoft Azure Cloud for our development teams based in the European Union. You will be involved in project management decisions and in the operational delivery, working with the teams to follow established processes to automate development and release processes, create infrastructure-as-code pipelines, monitor and maintain our cloud-based infrastructure and to ensure that our security principles are correctly applied.
Your main responsibilities:
This role requires taking responsibility for the build, release and support of our products as well as utilizing Microsoft Azure Cloud computing to enable the supporting infrastructure to be defined in code.
As part of your role you will be
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
- Migrating legacy workloads to the Azure Cloud platform in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Working with software engineers to ensure adherence of established processes (including separation of duties)
- Oversight and/or facilitation of code releases or deployments on a CI/CD basis.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes (process re-engineering), creating
- Infrastructure-as-Code pipelines for example
- Monitoring and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure including change, backup, disaster
recovery, (cyber-)security and reporting (consumption, financial management and audit)
- Physically resident in the European Union in order to satisfy our Data Security requirements
- Microsoft Azure Certified – ideally Administrator and DevOps qualifications
- Experience with diverse IT Infrastructure systems, operations and automation
- Experience in coding or scripting languages
- Awareness of Data, Network and Security management skills and concepts
- Very good knowledge of English required, good knowledge of German desirable
At Willis Towers Watson you will discover a diverse, team-oriented and flexible working environment with colleagues that take pleasure in providing value-adding advice to clients.
Interested candidates should apply in the “Careers” section of our website at www.willistowerswatson.de. For further details, send an e-mail to [email protected] Your contact person is Helle Romundset, phone: +49 69 1505 5563.
Willis Towers Watson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit our website on www.willistowerswatson.com.