As a Director in the Corporate practice within Risk and Analytics, you will drive revenue generation by developing and proactively managing client relationships to expand and create new business opportunities for our healthcare and corporate clients. You will play a key role in our marketing efforts and the growth of this practice area for key client groups. You will be responsible for project delivery and serve as a resource to analysts as you help them build their technical and client-facing expertise.
This role can sit in San Francisco, CA or Arlington, VA.
The Risk and Analytics Corporate Practice includes over 100 actuarial professionals focused on large market, U.S. clients. Our primary services include reserving and funding for retained losses, captive feasibility and retention optimization, and cost allocation models. We also perform actuarial analysis of loyalty programs for hospitality, airlines and financial institutions, and are actively involved in the development of predictive analytics for our clients.
As a Director, you will lead varied and interesting projects such as:
- Self-Insurance and Captives – Pricing/funding analyses, valuation of liabilities, captive feasibility, and risk retention optimization
- Predictive Modeling – Development and application of advanced predictive modeling techniques to help clients improve loss experience and enhance overall business performance
- Analysis of Loyalty rewards programs for various industries
- We are looking for a motivated, independent learner, looking to deliver exceptional performance in the following areas:
- Proactively manage client relationships to ensure and increase client satisfaction, improve our strength and position with our clients, broaden and deepen our relationships within the organization.
- Identify prospective client organizations and respond to new business opportunities with prospects as they emerge; bring additional value to clients through extension sales opportunities.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the delivery of projects, which meet or exceed client expectations, ensuring that they are delivered on time and to budget.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects.
- Interface with colleagues from other practices and regions on assignments that reflect the client’s broader business issues
- Undertake broadcast marketing activities to help advance the practice’s thought leadership position and promote our brand.
- Ensure that projects are appropriately defined, pitched, budgeted, resourced and delivered to enable maximization of revenue potential along with high quality and efficient delivery to ensure client satisfaction.
- Deliver high quality work in compliance with Excellence standards and proactively look for process improvements.
- Develop and promote our company as a key player in the market with excellent industry knowledge, insights and analysis.
- Maintain and develop your own technical and industry knowledge.
- Contribute to the development of our product and service offerings.
- Meet billable hours target, operating as a highly respected and market-leading consultant.
- Meet recurring revenue and new sales targets by remaining a trusted advisor, maximizing business through existing relationships and contacts and actively seeking new business development opportunities.
- Participate fully in the collective task of building a profitable practice.
- Facilitate collaboration and teamwork across the RA Corporate practice and among WTW colleagues.
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels.
- Actively engage in colleague development through on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching of more junior colleagues and new staff and serve as a best practices resource for these colleagues.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) is required.
- Experience in an insurance and/or actuarial environment with significant exposure to commercial lines, preferably professional liability.
- Broad knowledge of most of the technical areas including reserving and funding for retained losses, captive feasibility and retention optimization, and cost allocation models.
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to propose on and win profitable new business.
- Strong client relationship, interpersonal and team skills.
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues.
- The ability to see the "big picture," leveraging the resources of related practices to address clients' business challenges.
- Working knowledge of Excel, MS Project, MS Word.
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis.